jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

AdSense is squawking about page speed performance

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Just an fyi.

Says, "Your page has 10 blocking script resources and 2 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page. None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML."

They then come up with a list of URL's that are mostly ad related.

Is this important? I have no idea.

1. tillsontitan profile image92
      tillsontitanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Never heard of such a thing.  I wonder if I'm using the same adsense wink

paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Google gave me a new, upgraded version. I don't know if they did it en masse , or if it is a gradual rollout.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Me, too.  The highest traffic page says:

"Your page has 14 blocking script resources and 3 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page."

which sounds much like yours.  And I don't know what it means either. sad

There is also a comment about compression (pictures, I think) with a reference to what appears to be either HP additions to the hub and/or an ad.  All very much beyond me.

paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Seems to me the ads are what's killing us. Those need to be fixed somehow. Shouldn't the load sequence be content text first, ads second, the rest of it third? All of this is just pure speculation on my part.

working