jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

1. 60
    dnsdnsposted 2 years ago

How can we comment on other ppls Hub articles?? I pressed the submit button, but alas, it would not get published!

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

They most likely have their settings set to such that your post will not show up until they've approved it. smile

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You only joined 14 minutes ago.  If you tried to comment before that, it might also be possible they had set comments so only registered members could comment.

Authors have a few options they can choose in regards to receiving comments on Hubs.

1. 0
      Cruella Dvilleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank You!
      I did eventually figure that out, before I found this page, but can you briefly explain what the Author's options are with regards to Comments and why an Author might have their Hub set so rigid.

I posted a Comment which was published (I saw it), and now it's disappeared. Previous Comments left by other Followers have also disappeared.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Comments can be deleted by the Hub author.  For example, comments containing spam links are almost always deleted.

3. cam8510 profile image95
    cam8510posted 2 years ago

That happens to me sometimes when I try commenting using my android phone.  It's never happened with my laptop though.

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago

Some authors choose to moderate their comments. It gives them the chance to look at them, and approve them before they are seen by the rest of the world. It is helpful to prevent a bunch of spammy comments, and to keep vulgar language, and offensive comments from showing up, as well.

1. 0
      Cruella Dvilleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

ThanQ! That makes sense.