jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

article scoring

1. amiebutchko profile image94
    amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago

Do article scores fluctuate depending on traffic over time?  In other words, can the score for individual hubs go down over time because they are not optimized properly?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Yes.  And yes.

amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm.  Thank you.  I guess I need to work on my SEO!

3. NateB11 profile image91
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I can't say for certain, can only convey my observations: But, some of my Hubs' scores have definitely gone down over time, though it's not always connected to traffic. On one in particular, I remember distinctly, I changed the Hub so it would get more traffic, the score almost immediately dropped, but I received more traffic for that Hub. So, I have never totally figured out the connection between traffic and score.

I actually think I experienced that, too!  My score dropped by a point when I corrected a spelling error!

1. JG11Bravo profile image93
        JG11Bravoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The hubs go back through the QAP every time they are edited, so the score may fluctuate regardless of what sort of edits you make.  Happens to me all the time.

Not to belabor this point, but does it then also effect your hubscore (the score under your picture)?  When my article scores fluctuate, it doesn't seem like it is fluctuating my hubscore as well...?

4. einron profile image83
    einronposted 3 years ago

I do think that it fluctuates over traffic.  Your score should not drop because you corrected a spelling error.

Thanks - all info very useful.

working