I tried adding this to bump my prior thread, but it got buried, so I'm posting a new thread. (Sorry)
1) On the page that shows the people who are following you, what does it mean, when some of them have a check mark in a gray circle at the upper right of their image?
2) When you choose to follow someone, but do not want to follow all their topics, it does not seem to work if you just check some of their items to follow--they then do not show up in your list of people you are following. For some, yes, I can check "follow all," then un-check the items that do not interest me. But for others, they have soooo many boards, that it would take half the day to view and un-check them all (r most all)....
3) Is it possible to move pins from one board to another?
Thank you all once again.
3) Yes. I did it several times this morning. Click on the photo of your choice. Point to the upper right corner of the photo and you should see a 'pencil' - click on that. Type in a new board title (or click on a present one) and then click on 'Create. The photo will move to the new (or different) board.
1) I am not positive but I believe that the checkmark means that the person has a 'website' or Tumbler, Blogger.
2) I have simply clicked on the photos that interested me and then clicked 'Follow', maybe sending a comment.
2) I got my first follower and when I looked at her site I realized that I can click 'Follow All' or select which ones I like and click 'Follow' underneath each one separately.
Right--but if you only check one or two of their boards to follow, then on your page of whom you are following, they do not show up in that list. They only show up there if you click "follow all."
After that, if you go and DE-select the boards in which you are not interested to follow, they stay in your "following" list. Not hard to do that way--until you come up against someone who has so many boards that the page keeps scrolling forever...
I simply clicked on the photo of the person and everything showed up. At the top, in red, was 'Follow All'. Underneath each separate board, in gray, was just 'Follow' for that single board. Click on the Follow in the gray oval.
Right, exactly so. What I am saying, however, is that if you select only a couple of their boards to follow, then they do NOT show up in you list of people you are following. That only happens if you click 'follow all,' and many times I don't want to, as I don't want my feed cluttered with thing of no interest to me, such as shoes, purses, makeup, celebrities and the like.
Well, since I did not want do that I will let you know how it goes on mine.
(A little later) I just looked at my Pinterest site and the person which I did that with now shows up under the ones who I am following. Not only the boards which I clicked, but the entire site of theirs.
I'm glad you're asking these questions because they're things I want to know too. Unfortunately I can't answer them but I can read your forum!
by Chuck Bluestein5 years ago
I just joined Pinterest. With Twitter, people who follow you get your tweet in their newsfeed. I follow some people on Pinterest but do not see how that helps me to see their pins. Also when I get an email from...
by Beth374 years ago
Hello! I just opened a stumbleupon acct. and have little to no idea what Im doing, let alone do I know how to find ppl to follow. I'm having the same trouble with pinterest and even twitter.Sooooo, I thought I would...
by Ben Guinter6 years ago
In my years on this site I have seen so many people randomly follow me in hopes that I follow them back. And then as soon as I do, if the topics they write on interest me, they delete me from the hubbers they're...
by Susan Britton3 years ago
You just never know what will happen when you write on the internet. I wanted to share my recognition from pinterest for the board ...Decorate your home with found objects.Good news!Your board is now being featured on...
by Cheeky Kid2 years ago
Okay, so I've been using Pinterest for quite some time now but I still kinda find it confusing. Do you like just pin a photo there and expect visitors, or should you put something like "click this" on the...
by Terry4 years ago
I wrote a hub and was going to put a video in, but couldn't so I want to remove it from the capsule or whatever you call it and there are no instructions on how to remove it. Can anyone tell me what to do so I can...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.