jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Seeking Feedback

1. gwilliamskc profile image60
    gwilliamskcposted 2 years ago

Hello fellow Hubpagers,

I am new to Hubpage... brand new. If Hubpage gave diapers to the new users, I would still be in them. My hub is only about 1 day old, and I've made one post. I would like to ask that the more experienced hubbers go read my article and give me some feedback on what I did well, and what I need to improve on. I don't want to develop bad habits and realize it after I've made 25 hubs and then go back and change the bad habits that I will have developed at that point.

What is the best practices when it comes to making hubs, and what kinds of things can I do to ensure my content is interesting? Some things that I may write about, I fear only I will be interested in. What can I do to avoid this?

Thanks, and let me know what you think about my article.

1. Hamshi profile image82
      Hamshiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages. I’m new here too but not to the online writing/marketing field.
      So here are my 2 cents:

-You don’t have to include the url to your profile because if people wanted to visit they can do so by clicking on your avatar here.

-Claiming yourself as a “guru” on profiles is an out of date technique and 9/10 times comes across as spammy to others so I’d suggest to get rid of that.

-As for your first hub, I think you’ve made a good start.
      -Are your targeted audience only Americans? I ask because of this statement on your hub:
      “Tablets are how American's are connecting to the internet.”

-You've mentioned on your hub that you have experience working at an electronics retailer and know quite a lot about tablets and I think that experience will be beneficial for your future hubs.

-You've chosen a pretty competitive yet profitable niche to focus on and I think you will do well once you get the hang of keywords.

-I assume you will start writing hubs about specific tablets and/or tablets for different age groups etc in the future? It will be good if you can do that.
      Overall, I really like the enthusiastic voice tone on your hub, It’s like you know what you’re talking about. smile

2. gwilliamskc profile image60
    gwilliamskcposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice and feedback! I tried to use guru instead of what I put on there last night (enthusiast) because enthusiast seems unprofessional and not credible. Any other ideas of what I could use to describe myself as in terms of my experience or knowledge?

1. Hamshi profile image82
      Hamshiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome and Tech Enthusiast sounds more humanly/reliable to me but of course you can wait til you hear more opinions from others.