jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Publishing hubs

1. 61
    michellearroseposted 2 years ago

The past two nights I wrote different hubs that were rejected for the reason being that I am in boot camp and my hubs need to have much more work.  I did have hubs published in the past so I am not sure why I am in boot camp.  To be honest, it discourages writers from wanting to write on hub pages if you constantly reject authors.  It is not like we are getting paid or anything to do this.  I do not think I will be writing for hub pages anymore.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure why you're in Boot Camp either, because you've been here some time and you have had Hubs featured in the past.  I thought Boot Camp applied only to brand new Hubbers.

However, I can only assume it's because all your existing Hubs got unFeatured when the new system came in, so it's like you are starting afresh.

I looked at the only Hub showing on your profile, and it's far, far too short.  It would be fine if it was in the Poetry section, where short reflective pieces are allowed - anywhere else, not.  HubPages is like a magazine, and HubPages wants magazine-style articles, or the kind of long short stories published in magazines. 

You may not be getting paid for your writing (that's your choice), but HubPages is paying the bills to provide this site, so you have to play by their rules.

1. 61
        michellearroseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I guess i m just done with site but thanks for writing.   Was also not aware of new format through hub pages.  I was fine the way it used to be ran.

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

One reason for the change was to get rid of substandard an spammy articles. It's a good change. I would give it a try before giving up. I guarantee, if you run though your articles and make a few changes you will see better traffic results as well.

2. 61
    michellearroseposted 2 years ago

Thank you for your suggestion.  That is very nice of you.