jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

New Capsule - Join Hub Pages with Referral Tracker

1. Easy Exercise profile image90
    Easy Exerciseposted 3 years ago

I have been gone for some time due to life's obstacles but I am happy to see many changes especially the copyright - fantastic! But I am seeking and maybe it exists and I don't know about it. I would like to always put in the bottom of my hubs the same verbiage and link to the referral tracker to encourage readers to join HubPages. It would be fantastic if I could craft the same capsule and insert for each hub - similar to the copyright - where it is standardize but I could edit the verbiage. Your thoughts?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A while ago, Paul Deeds posted on the forums explaining that the referral tracker is NOT designed for Hubbers to use on their Hubs, and they don't encourage that use.

The tracker is for use on websites other than HubPages.

I still don't understand why they don't want Hubbers to use their referral tracker within Hubs, and I haven't removed any of mine - but in view of that stance, I very much doubt they will introduce a capsule to make it easy!

Easy Exerciseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Fascinating! I missed that information. I would think any and all HubPages promotion would be encouraged. I never thought of adding it to my blogs as a cross promotion - I thought it was intended only for here so I learned something new. Thank you very much for the added information!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Be careful using it on your blog.  Remember, if you link TO your blog from your HubPages account, and then link TO your HubPages account from your blog, the two links cancel each other out in Google's eyes. 

You could use the referral tracker on forums or social networking sites.

Easy Exerciseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Marisa Wright,
            I did not know that - fantastic information. Thank you! I can use it on twitter and facebook readily. Great tip! Thank you!

2. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

HP has a 'Join Now' button on the top menu bar of each of your Hubs. If you look at one of your Hubs as a visitor (when you are not logged in), in the right column underneath the Pin it button is another HP ad to join.  This might be the reason the staff has decided that they don't want us to use a referral tracker on our Hubs. (If people sign up under your referral tracker instead of the HP ad, the company makes less money.) I haven't removed mine and I have it on all of my Hubs and on my Profile. You get a 'Style Tip Warning' but, so far, nothing more than that happens if you still use your own referral tracker and encourage people to sign up.

working