jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

How are articles ranked on specific Topics pages?

1. isaacasante profile image90
    isaacasanteposted 3 years ago

Hi, I was wondering what was the algorithm behind HP's way of ranking or listing published articles on specific Topic pages. Of course, we all want the top position(s) because I guess that's what gives our hubs more visibility (and obviously more pageviews), but then, how do we earn these top spots on Topic pages?

It's not like the first-listed hubs have more quality, or are longer, or older, or better-rated, or have more comments, or are from people with more followers... So it's a bit confusing to me.

As a newbie still on Boot Camp, I like publishing quality featured stuff, and I won't compromise on quality. But I must say I'm intrigued here smile

If you guys can help with your insight... It'd be super great! smile

1. The Examiner-1 profile image82
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you are starting your Hub you select the best topic which you feel your subject should be under. After you choose to publish your Hub it goes through the Hub Hopper to be rated by the other Hubbers and then the staff evaluates the best score/rating on your Statistics page.
      From there it all depends on the quality of the Hub (spelling/grammar, photos/videos, etc.); keeping it updated; and traffic flow.

isaacasanteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good point The Examiner... That must be it wink

1. The Examiner-1 profile image82
          The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If I helped in any way then I am glad. smile

You wrote: "keeping it updated; and traffic flow."
            And I finally think these are factors, so if they really  are, then you helped.

2. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your only chance of getting a real answer to this question rests on the possibility that Paul Deeds is very, very bored this morning.

You might get some SEO fiends pretending they know, of course.

That will be fun.

Lol, don't want pretenders... haha.

working