Let us be real.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (144 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

Our editing staff which I pay for through my earnings is really not competent. HP dropped the ball. I love our editing staff, and they are good people. But this is a mess. HP has got to put more attention than amateurs on staff. They are like like like you know what I mean. Brittany Spears and Miley  type OK people. Yuk!!
    So sorry to spell it out so graphically. But really this is a professional site. And what is being produced through editing is a teeeny bopper norm that is hurful. Hups of the day look like an Indian subculture without redemption. Generally a mill that produces according to hateful cosmetic norms.
    But as always I curb my passion and say that if that is what sells today, do not take this cup from me.

1. bat115 profile image77
      bat115posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Britney Spears, you mean? who is writing about her here?

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Eric,

1. HP has not one single editor.
      2. You have under 100,000 views. Your earnings are as imaginary as the editors.
      3. I saw not one member of the staff that was a amateur anything. They all have pretty little letters after their names.
      4. What is your obsession with Miley Cyrus?

Edit: I was wrong. It seems there is one person with that title. So I guess that means this entire thread is a personal attack.

Sorry Christy for calling you imaginary. You will be soon since you are relying on Eric's earnings for your salary and a pack of Ramen noodles won't keep you fed for long. I didn't know you liked Miley Cyrus.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We older gentlemen have fantasies about straightening Miley out.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59

There is no description for the emotional distress that even the brief mental image of that statement caused.

So I couldn't interest you in the drawings I made?

1. healthyfitness profile image71
              healthyfitnessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That cracked me up! Thanks!

2. cheaptrick profile image73
          cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm older...and I like her better when she's 'Twerking"....

3. Mr. Happy profile image69
      Mr. Happyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Greetings Mr. ErickDierker,

I wish You a wonderful day and besides that, I can say: "You can take the horse to the water but You cannot force it to drink."

When one is ready, one will drink. When Hub-pages decides to grow-up, it might. Haha!!

All the very best. : )

May Wakan Tanka guide your path!

Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well Happy, I am still happy too! I guess I better get some sensitivity training though. I seem to upset people. Oh well.

4. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Let us be real.   You do not pay the staff through your earnings.   What you pay for is the ability to have your work hosted, monetized and SEO'd by HubPages.  Unlike a conventional hosting service, you pay only if you're successful instead of a fixed monthly fee.  It's their business, so it's their choice how they choose to provide that service.

I think it's good for users to voice their opinions on whether HubPages make good choices, and to suggest improvements.  However there comes a time, when it's obvious they're not going to change to suit you, when you need to make a decision - am I so unhappy with the service being provided that I need to go elsewhere? 

It sounds as though you may be at that point.

That is really nice. If I complain I am unhappy? I bitch and moan all the time and I am very happy. Personally I think it could be considered childish and immature to tell someone that if they do not like something they should leave.
        It seems that some people do not get the difference between criticism of a system and failing at it. I am pretty sure that only 5 of my last 70 hubs published are not featured. You rate success only by money. I rate success by striving to be better.
        Here is another funny one. When I make these complaining forums I always pick up a few new followers and my traffic increases.
        I think I will write another one right away to keep the traffic flowing.

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Eric, maybe if you could post your criticisms for HP's system and not make personal comments. You took a few HPs employees, two celebrities and an entire nation (of minorities) down in one shot. When you post a thread about how much you love ppl then make a sweeping attack, it's confusing. You're only human, no one expects you to be without flaw, but just so you know... this is why ppl are criticizing you now.

Beth I often write like that to make people think. It just is who I am. I do not think I know any HP Employees by name though I think Marisa might be one and I like her and she knows it.
            The entire nation of India should be shot down for their caste system which they allow to exist. And hip hop teenyboppers who make billions should take some heat while they foster decay of respectability. Some one suggested I was apologizing to someone. -- NO I said I was sorry I wrote it , this was in a condescending mockery of those who attack me.
            And then someone said I was unhappy. I am not unhappy.
            I attack bad because I love people. Those who stand silent are not showing love.

1. profile image0

Yes, the caste system is an atrocity. I have a few Indian friends, and they would not like to be included in the "The entire nation of India should be shot down..." remark. You would actually be including those who were deemed untouchable... so maybe the entire nation is a bit too inclusive.

Yes, Brittney and Miley are using their sexuality to sell records, which is kind of a shame, however, what this has to do with the HPs staff... or their pros and cons, I don't know.

When you say you want to make ppl think, we are just, in this thread at least, thinking about you and what has upset you. Do we all need to dwell on that, do you think? Maybe you could just shoot HPs an email?

Beth who has a right or knowledge to say I am upset. I am intellectually intrigued but the soccer game I just played and the stir fry I just made with my wife is not the sign of someone upset. Hold a man who is dying and I will show you upset!

1. profile image0

Maybe it's not so much if you're upset anymore as much as the fact that you seem to be upsetting everyone else, but for what purpose?

Because it is like them getting upset in the grocery store check out line over pictures of fat celebrities. Look back at my forum point. These folks are proving it for me. It is a beating up because I criticize their comfort zone and that strikes fear into them.

You do that...

I'll be over here figuring out why the hell someone would care about followers and internal HP traffic.

1. profile image0

Said the woman who probably gets external traffic. lol

1. starme77 profile image77
              starme77posted 10 years agoin reply to this

nice, but the woman who gets external traffic, well, she like worked for it, maybe you can too, if you like , um, work at it , seriously, r u kidding me, what a crappy statment

1. profile image0

I was making fun of myself... the only traffic I get would be internal and even that is slight.

2. Ericdierker profile image46

Melissa I love your capitalist self. I just hired a promoter. He is probably no good but he needs some work. So I will toss him something and start getting external traffic.
            Life is so good and I have so much more to complain about --see ya in the funny papers.

What capitalism? You want readers...apparently. Or you wouldn't be worried about followers and such. I want readers too.

I still don't understand why you would care about internal traffic or followers. There are maybe 250-300 people who regularly read these forums that you are self-promoting and trying to get attention in.

There are billions of people who use Google.

Capitalism aside, I still get more readers than you.

You win. I lose. Perhaps I was speaking more broadly. But I appreciate your perspective and value your input. You are a much better writer than I will ever be. And you prove that by your numbers. Good for you was that Miley or Melissa I could not tell.

I been around awhile, just haven't talked much, but your insistent put downs of this sight have peaked my attention. I can tell however, that you would like any attention you can get because you don't tend to do well on your own. So ya got mine for a second so I can explain that if you do not like it here, well then...... see ya ... have a happy life smile  The old timers around here understand what I am saying it's called starme.... speaking her mind smile go find a new sight would ya, your becoming boring

I love it. If you do not like it I will take my ball and go home. So far I have been threatened with being banned by a boycott. starme your ridicule just does not measure up to a concern of mine.
                    Hugs and kisses.
                    Heck you guys are making my like Miley Cyrus and Brittney. Talking trash about me is in the vogue -- hurrah for me!

Eric, I am almost 40 years old. I'm hardly a "teeny-bopper" The Miley jokes are a bit inappropriate.  Great God, it wasn't ME you were directing this thread at was it? You do know I'm not an editor... right?

Melissa they are mythical corporate creatures. To me they do not even exist. On a civil note and tone, they work as my editors and it is their job to curb me into a sale able product. I get that. And I have a right as a human being to argue with them. There is no private channel to them as they are mythical humans that exist in the corporate ethereal only and not as my friends. I do not think it is fair to judge me harshly when I speak for many and only do it publicly for they preclude other avenues of discourse. OTOH it is great to be judged harshly those who are in it for the money.

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beth said it.   I have no problem with people criticising HubPages.  I've done it myself many times.  But done properly, criticism should be constructive - not nasty, and not including personal attacks and insults.  That's either plain rudeness, or deliberate attention-seeking behaviour by an egotistical prat.   

I will refrain from saying which one I think applies to you.

2. starme77 profile image77

Nice Marissa - Good comeback, you know, I used to buy and sell storage units and the ones who could not understand the business would come and go - this sounds like a goer to me, good, good luck and good bye in my opinion. smile

5. aa lite profile image86
      aa liteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Britney Spears and Miley whatsername are editors on HubPages???  How come nobody thought to inform the media?  We would get a flood of traffic, some of it might even spill over to my hubs.

Right, I'm off to twitter to inform the world!

Point well taken and probably where HP is headed. Alert your publicist and start writing "how to" "recipes" and "travel pieces".

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

People like reading about Miley.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know I do! Pictures are even better.

2. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Right.  Here is where the mistake was made on this thread.  We all love Mark, but he, and the rest of the responders, fell for an old internet trick:  trolling.  Trolling for emotional responses is an old internet art form and responding to troll statements, like the OP, just spurn these people on.

I see a lot of people have responded and that's a shame.  Soon a new forum topic will appear with inflammatory comments posted by the same person who posted this OP.  Simply don't respond and he will find somewhere else to troll!

1. profile image0

But you just responded.

1. Jason Marovich profile image87

That was the end of the thread, Beth.  Gosh.

1. profile image0

lol. You think it's the end of the thread.

And apparently you're my Gracie Allen.

1. profile image0

Aw, I loved them.

(I have to let you have the last word or the bit doesn't work).

1. profile image0

Say goodnight Jaycee.

2. fpherj48 profile image61
                    fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jason & Beth...or is it George & Gracie?   That was priceless!  I love you guys.  You put a big smile on my face, just in time for me to say, "Goodnight, Gracie!"........(That couldn't have been more perfect had you rehearsed it!)

2. Will Apse profile image88

Eric got his victims in the end. Mark only managed to delay the inevitable.

1. profile image0

And good morning.

I feared saying good morning when you were trying to spear yourself a beast.

1. profile image0

Someone owes me an apology, that's all I know.

I have felt that my entire life.

1. profile image0

lol.
                  But you've only known me a few months... oh, you mean you. wink

I kind of like it. So you got your bloodbath?

3. starme77 profile image77

Hey you responded too haha smile

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 10 years ago

This is very similar to the last two or three threads you started about this same issue. You can bump an existing tread back to the top of the heap by commenting on it.  It isn't really necessary to spam the forums with the same thread under different titles.

Just an idea.

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 10 years ago

If only there was some way to not be forced to stay affiliated with this site and endure having to keep one's writing here....

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

relache:  too, too funny!

1. fpherj48 profile image61

TimeTraveler.......I so appreciate and practice sarcasm.  It's much less painful than a beating & actually most often, goes right over the heads we aim at.   Excellent one!!

5. Mark Ewbie profile image82

By popular demand...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8536469_f248.jpg

FTW

2. Will Apse profile image88

Weakest excuse for self promotion, ever, lol.

Don't be a cynic Will, Mark has used much weaker excuses for self-promotion.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
          Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do strongly believe there is an art to the weakest excuse and it should be one of next year's Hubbies.

I would second that, but you could not possibly win with WF in the frame.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol - well I didn't put a link in to my (spit) Bubblews pages.  As you mention it Will, and thanks for bringing it up, I have an animated gif somewhere of Miley sticking her tongue in a stickman's ear and taking his hat off.

I'll save that for Eric's next thread...

3. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When opportunity knocks...lol

3. spartucusjones profile image91
      spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Where is the crying space cat? A pic with Miley singing with the space cat would be ridiculously cool.

4. Cheeky Girl profile image66
      Cheeky Girlposted 10 years agoin reply to this

OMG... Miley Art! I love it, Mark! This is awesome! LOL!

Is this thread a rehash of an older thread! Scuse! I see a cat stuck in a tree just now!

6. Richawriter profile image85
    Richawriterposted 10 years ago

If you spent even half as much time working on your hubs as you do moaning, those earnings of yours might just be enough to buy yourself a box of kleenex ...

7. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

Wow. So normally I wouldn't get much into sticking my neck out. But I have to say its pretty amazing. You thought train is clearly a little off its course.

1. We are all here to write in our own way. Except that people write about different things.
    2. There are a lot of hub editors. It is not one specific person.
    3. We have all done work, that has not scored as high as we thought. Its not just you.
    4. Instead of bashing those who try to give you advice. Taking some words from them. There is a reason they are doing so well.
    5. The biggest part of being a writer isn't thinking you know it all, its also about learning things yourself.
    6. We all get scored based on the same system. I'm pretty sure they don't score based on the writer.
    7.  Instead of arguing every point made against your work. Take a loss and try again. Its something we all have to do.
    8. Writing should be a passion. To give people knowledge, and gain it. Not simply write and say your work is the up most best.
    9. We start at the bottom here and work our way up. Just like everything in life. People exceed at different rates.

1. Richawriter profile image85
      Richawriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wise words indeed, cjrosz!

8. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

So cool that I get to reply to my own ditty here. Mia Culpa and I am sorry I wrote it and published it. But I would never take it back. Just the fun back and forth was worth it.

I have two points to make here: 1. I love hub pages and the editors and publishers that keep prodding me to make my work better.
    And 2. How do you take down a stupid forum or question after you realize that you should not have posted it at all.

Again no regrets here as the posts/comments made the hub happy and fun. - Again I thank all of you.

1. profile image0

Sadly, I don't believe we can remove a forum thread.  I've wondered myself in the past.  We all have our moments, after all.  wink

You can, however, contact staff and request that it be removed.  I've seen that happen in the past.  smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You could report your original post by hitting the report button and ask that it be removed for personal attacks.

3. fpherj48 profile image61

Eric,  Seriously Sir...and with all due respect.....1st of all, it is "Mea Culpa," (Latin)  you have combined Spanish & Latin with your Mia Culpa.....I'm just sayin.........Also, When we humans are sorry for something.....we are sorry, sincerely.  This means that a statement beginning with the word, "BUT, I would never take it back,"  should not follow, thus negating the apology.
      If Brittaney and Miley are such "amateurs," have you never wondered how they could buy & sell us all, a thousand times over?   What they REALLY are is extremely successful entertainers.  Miley, especially is a marketing genius.
      You boldly insulted HP editors, every person who has ever written a HOTD, as well as Indian culture.  Is this your message of intent here?   OK, we all got it.  Done now?
      It astounds me that you may have expected Kudos and encouragement from our fellow-writers.  Further, if I were a gambling woman, I'd lay odds that Hubpages, editors & publishers do not buy that you LOVE THEM.  Not a chance.
      As has been suggested, you might be able to request that HP delete this entire thread.   One more suggestion a man of your caliber may wish to take into consideration.....is to count to 50 or so, the next time you choose to spew a temper tantrum.
      Have a wonderful & peaceful Thanksgiving.

Well it is very worth it just to have gotten this "dressing down". And yes we speak Spanglish a lot out this way. And many of us learned our street Mexican Spanish without a "Castillion" mentor. Also mine came from Basque so it got really twisted.
        Let me just say that you just insulted me. My insults are bad and yours are good?

Eric.....Had my intent been to insult you, please trust it would have been much more than a calm, "dressing down."   If you re-read it, putting your massive ego aside....you will clearly see that I merely commented on precisely what you wrote.  No, Eric, insults are NEVER OK......yours, mine or anyone's.
          I merely expressed my thoughts on your post.  The only point and time I even used the word, "insult," was in reminding you of the insults you made in reference to HP editors, publishers and Indian culture.  You wouldn't be trying to deny this or transfer the buck, would you? 
          Where you are from, people speak Spanglish?   OK, that's interesting, Eric.  I suppose any unlikely excuse will do, as opposed to simply admitting you may have made a minor mistake. 
          Please, allow me to compliment you.  It's apparent you are a very strong man.  Incredibly massive egos are near humanly impossible to carry around at all times, under all circumstances.   Your strength is impressive. 
          Since you are a "Philosophy Master," it is reasonable to suspect you know that when an individual is truly brilliant, the outside world sees his luminance, without that Master having to line them up against a wall and shine it directly into their eyes.   Of course you know this might cause people to close their eyes or look away.   I'm sure you know this.
          BTW.....when someone's post ANNOYS you, you have the power to delete it.  This doesn't make it untrue......only invisible.

1. Cardisa profile image86
            Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your dressing down. I was getting really annoyed with Eric's multiple posts about his gripes with HP editors. This is not the first time he posted. He did one last week and it was much worse than this.

2. uNicQue profile image70
            uNicQueposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I also really appreciate your post. I was beyond irritated by Eric's insulting ranting about HP editors, modern pop culture figures, and other cultures on my feed. I think your post was reasonable and non-insulting and got the point across that many people have been trying to make.

Well, UnicQue......Thank you dear, all comments to my attempt at suggesting Eric tone his wrath down a bit, have been very positive and appreciated by our fellow-hubbers. However, other than incite his indignation further and cause him to insist he's a HAPPY guy who LOVES everyone......my words fell upon "pompous ears."
                I have exchanged my last word with this pathetic man.....He has SO many admirers (per his claim) he couldn't possibly miss me and the 7 others, who unfollowed him, due to this particular post and the one prior to it.  (I had never followed him to begin with.) 
              I started my own business 10 years ago when I took an early retirement from the NY State Dept. of Mental Health.
              . I now work from my home office, as an editorial proof reader.  It was necessary for me to read only ONE hub written by our self-proclaimed genius- philosopher-guru-writer extraordinaire-literary giant......for me to know the hair on the back of my neck, as well as the spine tingling, could possibly kill me, due to his atrocious spelling, grammar and punctuation errors, galore.   Go ahead, be his guest...read a couple of his hubs.  I rest my case.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
                gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

fpherj48, God bless you.  You are a very admirable and strong woman.  Anyone who works for NYS Dept. of Mental Health has to be.  I worked for NYS Division of Human Rights for years and before that the NYS Dept. of Taxation and Finance.  I am going to give you a hug.  Working in mental health gives one empathy and fortitude. 

God bless and have a Happy Thanksgiving.  I saw this post, this outburst is totally uncalled for and unprofessional.  If the OP was in some jobs, he would be either disciplined or terminated.

If one has a problem with the HubPages staff, the appropriate and mature thing to do is contact the staff and discuss it, not air publicly in the forum setting.  Forums are for discussions of serious subject matter, not to indulge in histrionics.

GM....Thank you for your kind comment.  I really am not thrilled that I am being complimented for having to speak to someone in such a harsh matter-of-fact manner.  However, I had seen enough insults being thrown around and too many pompous and arrogant claims from someone who in reality, is quite a below-average-writer.  He has put out many of these forum posts...always downgrading and slandering someone or some group or something.  His reasons always seem to arrive back at his anger that HP simply doesn't realize his work is superb.   Go ahead, figure that one out. 
                  I guess I just reach a saturation point with this sort of unacceptable nonsense....and I feel the need to speak up.
                  He may be a very nice man in his personal life.  Here.....I'm afraid he comes off as desperately seeking unearned recognition.........

2. profile image0

Ah, this was the post I was waiting for. lol

Beth is not happy unless the blood is flowing.

1. profile image0

lol... that's not true. Her post was all I heard in my head when I first read his post. Im just surprised it took us so long to get there.

9. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Mamma Mia Culpa - the song that Abba should have written.

big_smile

2. spartucusjones profile image91

I now have that song stuck in my head! Thanks alot, I am now going to be singing that all day.

3. profile image0

HAHAHA!  Oh, Mark, too cute.  smile

4. Seafarer Mama profile image78
      Seafarer Mamaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

~:0) ~:0)

10. Mr. Happy profile image69
    Mr. Happyposted 10 years ago

Sensitivity for whom? How about people get some sensitivity for the environment, the lakes and rivers being poisoned by chemicals used in fracking? Or get some sensitivity for the lies of politicians and billions spent on weapons and killing innocent people through drone strikes? How about some sensitivity for the First Nation Treaties which have not been honored? On and on I can go but no, people get sensitive about some comments about Hub-pages ... haha ... show's what's important for people: their Ego. : )

I am glad you mentioned First Nation Treaties. What is your take on Thanksgiving? Or should we start another forum or hub on that?

1. Mr. Happy profile image69

I do not celebrate Thanksgiving. The abundance celebrated through Thanksgiving (by Europeans when it was first started) came at an incredible high price for the Native Americans (First Nations): the experience of genocide. So, I give thanks every day through the Sunrise Ceremony: being thankful for the Day, for new opportunity, giving thanks to Wakan Tanka (The Great Spirit), to the four directions, etc. That's my Thanksgiving. : )

1. profile image0

This was shared by my friends who are Native American. I thought it was extremely powerful.

If you are interested in hearing a Native American perspective on the mascot issue, this is an excerpt from “Wolf at Twilight” by Kent Nerburn.

A white man and an elderly Native man became pretty good friends, so the white guy decided to ask him: “What do you think about Indian mascots?”

The Native elder responded, “Here’s what you’ve got to understand. When you look at black people, you see ghosts of all the slavery and the rapes and the hangings and the chains. When you look at Jews, you see ghosts of all those bodies piled up in death camps. And those ghosts keep you trying to do the right thing.

But when you look at us you don’t see the ghosts of the little babies with their heads smashed in by rifle butts at the Big Hole, or the old folks dying by the side of the trail on the way to Oklahoma while their families cried and tried to make them comfortable, or the dead mothers at Wounded Knee or the little kids at Sand Creek who were shot for target practice. You don’t see any ghosts at all.

Instead you see casinos and drunks and junk cars and shacks.

Well, we see those ghosts. And they make our hearts sad and they hurt our little children. And when we try to say something, you tell us, ‘Get over it. This is America. Look at the American dream.’ But as long as you’re calling us Redskins and doing tomahawk chops, we can’t look at the American dream, because those things remind us that we are not real human beings to you. And when people aren’t humans, you can turn them into slaves or kill six million of them or shoot them down with Hotchkiss guns and throw them into mass graves at Wounded Knee."

“No, we’re not looking at the American dream. And why should we? We still haven’t woken up from the American nightmare.”

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope a simplistic "Wow!" conveys my impression of that text.

That is a perspective I have never considered.

Thanks for posting it. I have benefited from it.

GA

1. profile image0

It's painful to read, but it's awesome.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
            DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Powerful, indeed.  I do feel sad for the Native Americans, and often ask, when the question of "illegal aliens" comes up, WHO are the true illegals?  It is we; all of us descended from the European immigrants to this land.

1. profile image0

Indeed MsLizzy.

2. Rod Rainey profile image76
      Rod Raineyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Honor the treaties!

3. MelissaBarrett profile image59

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8537770_f248.jpg

4. profile image0

I don't think he meant Native Americans, I think he meant ppl native to India... just to clarify which ppl group was receiving the snide remark.

1. Mr. Happy profile image69

Yes, I meant Native Americans. We use the words First Nations, here in Canada - means the same: the people who were here before the European invasion.

Right, Mr. Happy...we realize YOU were referring to Native Americans(of which, 2 of my sons are 50%)  It is our great & powerful philosopher who was clearly referring to people of "India," as a nation. 
          I believe we can follow and understand quite well.
          As for not caring about the real and serious issues of the world......most of us need not defend our selves.  Our writing speaks volumes in terms of our interest in the world and of humanity.
          Please take note:    It is Eric who brought this topic to forum and who finds it important enough to publicly slam.
          Mr. Happy, you surprise me.

11. RelevantHelp profile image69
    RelevantHelpposted 10 years ago

After reading the original post, I'm suddenly feeling inspired to write a Hub on the perils of poor spelling, improper grammar, run-on sentences and sweeping generalizations.

I have NO idea where this sudden inspiration has come from. smile

1. agilitymach profile image93
      agilitymachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!  This should get the Hubbie for best post of 2013. big_smile

2. Ericdierker profile image46

I think it is awesome to mock another's writing style to promote your own. I imagine that Spanglish and Ebonics really make you mad. You see where I am from we speak as we talk and we stand behind it. Not pretty words or little pinkies sticking out from tea cups but real thought against real thought.
      Go have a tea party and English lesson.
      But stay in the house with you peek a boo and loving sisters who make no impact.
      I hope that was harsh. It was meant to be. And your doily and saucer crowd are not able to speak well for themselves.

Sounds like bullying to me, knock someone else to make your self feel better - you know the misery looking for company thing sounds like about right to me ha!

starme you are not addressing an issue here but attacking me. That just makes you eligible for banning.
          I got no misery except that my heart pleads that your heart be loosened and not bound by anger.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image54
            EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Replace the name 'starme' with 'Ericdierker' and there no longer exists a statement of hypocrisy.

3. Suzanne Day profile image93
      Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've no idea where the sudden inspiration to write a hub on bad poetry comes from either!

12. jmartin1344 profile image72
    jmartin1344posted 10 years ago

I am probably not known among the HubPages community, but I've enjoyed my time here for a couple years now!  However, I just wanted to share that it is becoming frustrating to have my feed constantly filled with Ericdierker complaints against the site, followed by half apologies, followed by more complaints and insults.  It is like endless sequels that are all basically the same.  I've never seen someone so unhappy with a service that continues to utilize it!!  Any idea how to stop these from showing up on my feed??

Happy Thanksgiving Hubbers!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, as well, jmartin1344.....Yes, yes and yes    It IS frustrating, it IS  like endless sequels and it IS baffling to see that someone SO unhappy with a service, continues to utilize it.   Tomorrow as we bow our heads in Thanksgiving, let us be grateful we do not live next door to him, work with him in close quarters, or are in any way, related to him.  We can positively and simply never read a single one of his future works. 
      There are solutions to everything.  Nice to meet you and to hear from you.  Have a good evening.

1. profile image0

But I wont be ready til Thurs.

Beth.......right you are!   So....I have an idea.  Bow your head and pray 2 nights in a row, with the same request.  Lord knows I do it all the time.  It's OK, though, because He knows I'm old and forgetful. Maybe you can get away with it too!

1. profile image0

Oh Im super forgetful. You actually had me wondering if I was supposed to be at work today. I actually had to check the date on the comp. just in case.

2. starme77 profile image77

kinda like spam huh - smile I think the guy is just in a bad way and probly drinking too much, he will wake up from his stupper and be like, what the hell did I do haha

1. spartucusjones profile image91

If he is in a drunken stupor he can't be held accountable. That is one valuable lesson that I have learned from the Mayor of Toronto.

3. starme77 profile image77

Yeah well if everyone would just stop responding he will go away and talk to the mirror haha smile

13. Mark Lees profile image77
    Mark Leesposted 10 years ago

DzyMsLizzy, think of it this way. Any idea of national borders only exist as a means of control- to focus the ire of the people against people of a different nationality rather than at the powers that be.

14. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I always regret winking.

Then just smile smile smile Thats what I always do haha smile
      Works for Wal-Mart Why not us smile

15. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Just bizarre.

1. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi'a Beth smile .That's old news.In the four years I've avoided getting banned her at HP,my bizarreness has become legendary.I promise I'm not a dangerous kind of bizarre though. smile

1. profile image0

No, not you. Im sorry. I meant the whole thread... it was just a bit off.

2. Suzanne Day profile image93
      Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a bizarre hub.

1. profile image0

Prove it.

16. hardlymoving profile image91
    hardlymovingposted 10 years ago

All of you have fallen into his trap...that is, post a provocative post.

1. Richawriter profile image85
      Richawriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well he is a self-proclaimed provocateur.

Provocateur is just another way of saying - Insecure person who resorts to placing bait in order to attract as big a bite as possible to ensure his/her fragile ego receives the love and attention he/she cannot supply him/herself with.

Once provocation has been successfully applied and the half-maggot has been tugged at, the fish on the other end, dying to get at the remaining half should tug frenziedly at the line. The more fish, the bigger the boost to one's level of self-importance.

Classic FaceBook Syndrome in action here.

17. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Yawn...

18. Richawriter profile image85
    Richawriterposted 10 years ago

Yes, I understand. If I were in your company, I too would yawn. Must be hard for you ....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)