jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Please explain why the stats stop working?

1. davidlivermore profile image92
    davidlivermoreposted 3 years ago

I know HP will post something stating they know of the issue, will address it, etc.

But it's been over 24 hours.  I don't want assurance that it will be fixed, I'd like to know why it isn't working in the first place and if a better system can be implemented.

I know you know stats aren't working.  But I think it's time to determine as to "why" they aren't working.

1. Writer Fox profile image75
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hope the staff answers you.  My guess is that it has to do with correcting the income mistakes discussed on this forum thread:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/118571. 

Now, the income has been adjusted, but the CPM has disappeared.  The staff probably can't update traffic numbers and income figures at the same time without overloading the server.  I've noticed this recently when the income figures are posted at the normal time, the traffic updates seem to go from one hour to two hours before updating again.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This situation has been going on for years now.  Don't be surprised if 1) you don't get an answer (no one else has) and 2) if the situation intermittently continues.

1. Writer Fox profile image75

Why don't they just spend the money and increase the server capacity?  Many Hubbers really do slow down doing actual work when stats are stuck and it's so frustrating to keep checking and waiting for updates.

2. profile image0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I haven't found a thread appropriate to say this on yet, but is that your new pic? Wow, so cute!

2. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

You can go to Google Analytics and see your current traffic.  HP often has these glitches.  They always get fixed although sometimes it takes days.  It's not a big deal as long as you get your $, especially since Google Analytics has the traffic numbers already at your finger tips.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Analytics offers far superior info too.

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, but it takes many minutes to set up.

2. Writer Fox profile image75

Isn't it your experience that HP uses the Quantcast figures to determine our traffic for earnings and not Analytics, or is it using computations based upon its own server logs and a program it has developed?

3. Writer Fox profile image75
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Stats just updated!

1. Suzanne Day profile image96
      Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yay!

working