jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Viewer engagement vs view duration

1. KitchenBuyersAid profile image87
    KitchenBuyersAidposted 3 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll.
    I am creeping up on my first 10K in page views and having fun with all this, but...
    I just found the 'viewer engagement' tool at Google Analytics and get discouraged.
    Checking my stats at Hub metrics, I get 4 stars for view duration...I'm happy with that.
    But according to viewer engagement at GA, 90% of my traffic says bye bye within 10 seconds!
    Which to believe? I have a hard time believing the GA stats.

Also, is it possible to overcook a 2lb pork roast in a crock pot on low setting?
    Seriously.. 2 hrs, 6 hrs? overnite?

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Go by the Google stats...

Look at the bounce rate and the time that people spend reading your page.. If your bounce rate is high then it means people look and go back to the search results to continue searching which would indicate that you have not answered their query.
      Look at your title and see if your opening sentences are really giving the searcher what they are looking for.
      Average time on page will tell you how long they actually read for, but obviously if they bounce off quickly this will be low..
      Also look at how many pages the readers look at, especially if you have linked content..

As to what is good?? My averages are around 3 minutes, 60% bounce and 2+ pages per visit...

As to the pork roast I am not sure, we tend to put the whole pig on a spit over some charcoal here.. lol

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

Another quick tip...

Don't give all your hubs the same titles even if they are part of a series! "Kitchen design tips - x y and z". Give each a fully unique title.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Important tip.

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

You can see the average time spent on each hubpage in analytics and it is much more accurate than the stars in HP.

Go to analytics find 'behavior', them 'site content' them 'all pages'.

The engagement measure is about the number of pages the average person visits.

1. KitchenBuyersAid profile image87
      KitchenBuyersAidposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wow...Now I see...thanks!

working