jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Help! When will I earn here at HubPages?

1. aki-chan profile image59
    aki-chanposted 3 years ago

Do  I really need to post 10 articles before I can earn here at HubPages? I am trying to set up my Google AdSense account but it only said "Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation". By the way, what is TOS Violation?

I hope you can help me out here. I'm just a newly registered member.

Thanks.

1. johndnathan profile image87
      johndnathanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You really need more hubs and to be here a bit longer to get an Adsense account.  Google is rather picky these days about who they let into the program.  I had 10 hubs posted and was a member for two months before they accepted my Adsense application.  There are also certain parts of the world, like China for example, where they have imposed a six-month waiting period on new accounts due to the large amount of advertising fraud that's come from those areas.

Also, once you start earning it's going to be very small for a while.  How much it grows depends on how well-written your hubs are, how popular of a topic you're writing about, and how well you promote yourself.

1. aki-chan profile image59
        aki-chanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I live in the Philippines. Does my country included in their "6-months" waiting period?

Thanks

1. relache profile image89
          relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Read the Terms Of Service/Use for your home country.  Signing up for AdSense means entering a complicated legal agreement, and you need to understand the rules yourself.

2. Gcrhoads64 profile image98
      Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago in reply to this

TOS violation means a "terms of service violation".   Google believes you have violated the rules according to Adsense.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Any time you join a site like HubPages, you need to read, read, read, the TOS (Terms of Service) and all rules of the site. Becoming familiar with what is and is not allowed will greatly help you get off to a good start. Also, check out the Learning Center for helpful advice. Best wishes to you.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do not be in too much of a panic that you can't get an AdSense account right away. The amount of money you would be making at this point would be very small, so you're not really losing out on much. Just focus on following all of the rules and making good hubs.

5. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All I see listed on your account is 1 hub. Were the others approved?

6. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you live in the Phillipines, you have to wait 6 months before you apply for a new Adsense account.   But it sounds like you've already got an Adsense account, is that right?

If you already have an Adsense account, the message is telling you it's been disabled because you broke Adsense's rules, not HubPages' rules.  You need to go and take a look at your Adsense account.

2. adamschwartz profile image87
    adamschwartzposted 3 years ago

I've been writing here for about 6 months, have 73 featured hubs, three editor's picks,  and over 10,000 views.  So far I've made a lit over 10 dollars.

3. adamschwartz profile image87
    adamschwartzposted 3 years ago

sorry make that almost 20 dollars

4. aki-chan profile image59
    aki-chanposted 3 years ago

Thank you for all the answers that you gave to me. I guess I'll just work first with my hubs.

Have a great day everyone.

working