jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)

New at Hubpages

1. kaunsa-com-review profile image60
    kaunsa-com-reviewposted 2 years ago

Hi all, I am new at Hubpages. Can any one describe how start a new hub. Help me for making my hub featured

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HP.
      At the top on the black strip, on the right you will see 'Start a Hub', click this. In the first box, enter your title. in the second box you choose the best 'topic' which you want your Hub listed under. Then click 'Continue' in the gray area and read this: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/using-hubtool - this is in the 'Learning Center' and there is a list at the right for you to choose other selections. It will explain how to use the Hub.
      I would suggest first going to the top of HubPages and pointing at "explore", then clicking 'hubs'. Then find subjects in your area and read others Hubs to get a general idea how they are created.

2. robjlodge profile image60
    robjlodgeposted 2 years ago

Hi, and welcome to Hubpages. I am fairly new as well, but have found the experience thus far to be worthwhile.

All you need to do to create a new hub is to click the link at the top right and choose a snappy title, a relevant topic and whether or not you wish to use a template.

Getting featured just means that your hub has passed the quality control tests such as being engaging, original, and well-written. I hope this is helpful, most of this, and a lot more, can be found under the help button.

3. Carola Finch profile image95
    Carola Finchposted 2 years ago

HubPages has a learning center that provides this information.

4. rainsanmartin profile image89
    rainsanmartinposted 2 years ago

Step 1) Select "start a hub", once you've logged in.
    Step 2) Write a title, hit the enter key.
    Step 3) A list of suggested categories should appear. Select one.
    Step 4) In the Hub Format Window select the template.
    Step 5) Press the "continue" key
    Step 6) "Save" unpublished Hub

5. 0
    rmcmillenposted 2 years ago

Yeah........ what rainsanmartin said........ other than what she said I would add "find a topic you love and are passionate about so that your best writing comes through" and "once featured, promote your hub"

6. Thelma Alberts profile image83
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

I see you got a lot of help. Welcome to HP!

7. 0
    cjaroszposted 2 years ago

Welcome to hub pages!!!!! If you have learned how to right a hub. Your on the right track. Just write a good hub, follow the guidelines. They will help your hub get featured

8. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

From the OP's profile page:

"Here you find the reviews and ratting of Kaunsa.com and post own feedback of this portal"

Google sez that "Kaunsa.com" is "the (sic) India's fastest growing online shopping portal" providing deals on fashions, mobile phones, etc.

Soooo... not tryin' to be a dick or anythking, but this thread smells kinda like SPAM to me. Anybody else?

1. LongTimeMother profile image98
      LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Only time will tell, FFC. It might in fact bring a welcome boost in traffic. smile

9. LongTimeMother profile image98
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

Hello kaunsa-com-review.. Welcome to HubPages.

I see that kaunsa says on the home page it has

2,50,000+ Products
        Delivers in 9,000+ Locations
        Easy Replacement
        Genuine Brands & Warranties

That leads me to believe you might be able to be very successful here on HP, but you will need to pay careful attention to your spelling and your grammar because this is a site for writers.

Have you noticed that the kaunsa home page says "2,50,000" instead of "2,500,000"? At HP, that kind of detail would be noticed when reviewing a hub for publication. You will need to be very careful with your writing.

You will also have to be careful about the photos you use, and giving proper credit for them. Try to use your own photos.

There is a lot of information about writing hubs in the 'help' section. Plus you'll find lots of hubbers have written helpful articles as well. Here's a link to one of mine.
    http://longtimemother.hubpages.com/hub/ … d-approval

If you can write professional hubs that meet the HP guidelines - instead of just using your account in a lazy way - I think you might be very successful. Remember, this is not a shopping site or a general blogging site. You have to write well. smile

Good luck.

10. Heatherbaker profile image88
    Heatherbakerposted 2 years ago

What I did was look to something I plan to do with my life, helping others, and stemmed from that.

11. Heatherbaker profile image88
    Heatherbakerposted 2 years ago

Do not quote other sites, it will kick your hub out of being able to have ads.

12. Suzanne Day profile image98
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

Hellloooooooooooooo and welcome to Hubpages! If you have fun writing things you know about, you're going to get a kick out of being on here. It's quiet at the moment as everyone seems to be on holidays, but don't worry, it gets a lot busier later...

13. DLStarwalt profile image60
    DLStarwaltposted 2 years ago

I'm new here too.
    Thanks for asking the basic question and Thanks everyone for your input, it helps me get started :-)

14. 0
    kcharbposted 2 years ago

I'm also a newby but I think it just takes time learning the ins and outs.  Any feedback is great smile