jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

My Author score dropped today by 4 points

1. Anamika S profile image71
    Anamika Sposted 2 years ago

My Author score was 92 a month ago and now it is 84. I am really upset as this also means that my outbound links now will be nofollow. Any suggestions on how to get out of this is appreciated.

I wrote this and I have lost another two points.

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image74
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I too have the same concern on dropping my score. It went from 94 to 79. I did a lot of work to get rid of it but without success.  I have observed that a lot of hubbers face similar problem.  Let's listen what the fellow hubbers have to offer. But in my case luckily, the negative impact hasn't affected the traffic.  Still I must say that below 75 is below the set limit.  I hope HP authority will do  consider our SOS message and do something.

2. Anil and Honey profile image39
    Anil and Honeyposted 2 years ago

spend more times for reading and writing, you should deposit more  time for increasing your Author score.

3. ShyeAnne profile image84
    ShyeAnneposted 2 years ago

Hi there Anamika, my score seems to have about a 4-6 point swing in it. I usually hover between 88- 92, sometimes it goes higher.  I noticed recently, when I participate a bit in the forums, ask and/or answer questions, edit a few of my hubs, my score goes up, inactivity and it goes down.

4. Anamika S profile image71
    Anamika Sposted 2 years ago

I have noticed that editing/deleting hubs normally can bring the score up. Will try some clean up tomorrow and see what happens.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hmm mine's pretty consistent. I don't participate much on the forums and totally nil on the QnA section. I do edit the few hubs that I have left from time to time though. Editors choice and having hubs with higher scores helps from what I've noticed.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You have a lot of hubs to keep track of.  It might help to delete hubs that receive no traffic or hubs that have similar content that can be found all over the web.  This is my suggestion and someone may come along and say 'forget that', but I would take the words "Buy Online" out of any headings and keep your Amazon/Ebay capsules limited to one item each. 

@dwelburn - it was changed to below 85.

1. Anamika S profile image71
        Anamika Sposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Makes sense! I will try to do a clean up tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks a lot Rebekah

5. dwelburn profile image97
    dwelburnposted 2 years ago

I thought your outbound links were only no follow if your score was below 75. Or has that changed?

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it has changed.

6. thumbi7 profile image81
    thumbi7posted 2 years ago

Mine is consistently at 86 or 87 for a long time. Before HP made the changes, it was above 90 all the time