jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon ad program

1. profile image61
    fangsterposted 3 years ago

I signed up for amazon ad program and all of that good stuff, but how do you get the amazon products into your hubpages? Please, I really want to figure this out. Thank you very much.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Amazon isn't in the ad program. Did you mean you signed up as an Amazon affiliate?

If so, you need to add your affiliate number in the Earnings Settings.

Then  add an Amazon capsule to your hub, and either add a product by its URL or its ASIN number, else choose a keyword or two to describe the product you have in mind so that it shows a product when you click save.

That's all you need to do. So long as your Amazon Affiliate number shows in settings, you will get credited for any sale in your 60% of the time share with HP.

1. profile image61
        fangsterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Awesome. Thank you very much.

1. IzzyM profile image87

You're welcome smile

As we are now entering the busiest month of the year for Amazon, please post back if you have any more problems.

1. quicksand profile image82
            quicksandposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe there is some way to enable Amazon to chose the product or products to match the topic discussed in the article. I remember someone on HubPages saying more sales could be generated this way.  smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

No matter whether you choose a specific product, or choose keywords which is an option in the Amazon capsule, sales will only be generated if you choose an item that is closely related to your hub's content.

HP will not allow you to show an article that is completely unrelated to your hub. and with good reason.

Sometimes it is better to go through to Amazon and choose your own product, but at other times it is best just to leave it with keywords, especially if your hub is not especially focussed on an exact product.

Sales happen most when you target an audience who have their credit card to hand. They are ready to buy. It's your job to give them that final push.
              You can do that with a positive product review, or negative if you can suggest a better product in the range,

I wouldn't add random Amazon capsules just because you can. Add them where they add value to the topic under discussion.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
                Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1

working