jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)

Where's Mark Ewbie When You Need Him?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Mark - where are you? The great HOTD today is just begging for some stickman art!

Y'all need to check out the terrific and excellent hub on Ferret Legging.  Excellent choice for HOTD.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Have you hugged your ferret today?

Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You should read this hub - so well done, and such a unique subject! Beth Eaglescliff is the Hubber (I think I got that right).  New to the site, and a great addition to our group.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I went and read it. I shall never try this.

3. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

As for the hub, I gave it a Thumbs Up, Funny, Awesome, and Interesting.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, she is a good writer. Genuine article (pun intended).

4. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago

Lol - bit of a shock to see my name on the forums.  5am here - can barely focus.  Ferrets?

Maybe I'm still asleep.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In this dream you send all your money, house deeds, car documents, and so on, to some guy in Thailand who will email you shortly with details.

1. watergeek profile image93
        watergeekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Watch out, Mark. Will's after you. wink

5. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8569073_f248.jpg

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Aw, you're using the phrase I taught you. It was so natural, I didn't even notice at first.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am always happy to learn Beth and especially happy when the teacher tells the whole class about my private lesson.

1. 0

It wasn't *that private... that makes it sound like I did something bad.

Sorry Beth.  After my success dealing with the suicidal one I am still on a high.

Try again.

Yes, I am using it.  I like it.  Thanks!

1. 0

Here's a new one you might like... all the cool kids are using it... "Groovy" it can be replaced with "Hip" or "cool". Once you start throwing around these new american phrases, you'll be the most popular boy at work.

Oh heck fire ma'am - you are really helping me now.  Actually I use "cool" frequently. It is just slightly irritating to people I am talking to. The worse or more serious their news - the better. 

"We have a major problem at work today".

"Cool" I reply, thoughtfully.  I hope it indicates that I do not give a crap.

1. 0

lol... I think I work with someone just like you. He's my favorite.

Have you ever thought about how long "cool" has been cool? It's so weird. Young gang member or elderly grandmother... don't sweat it... you're both welcome to use this word.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92

Groovy came slightly after sharp and somewhere in the vicinity of far out.  Beth is leading you down the path of obsolescence, Mark. (@ Beth - you know I am joking, right?)

@ Mark - ferrets would indeed be difficult stick drawings. Maybe something like a long stick cat with sharp teeth?  Little stick teeth?

You could at least revise your drawing to show intense pain on the two characters.  I have waited since yesterday for this.

1. 0

You ruined all my fun! At least make sure he knows "wicked bad" is still in.

I have a better idea - let's make up some words that aren't even really used.  I did that once, just to see how long it would take for someone to start repeating it (somebody, somewhere, had to be the first person to say groovy, or whatever). 

The only word I could think of in a rush was 'championship.'  So, for a few days, I'd say things like, "That was a championship song!"  Or some dumb phrase. Sure enough - it got repeated.

That was many moons ago, Grasshopper.  I'll bet we could come up with something that would catch on.  Shhhh - don't tell Mark.

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Lol! I noticed the composition of the drawing is careful cropped so that we can't see the ferret competition. 

The one ferret there looks pretty good, though!

Thanks Marcy!  I have a page next to me full of the other ferrets. The ones that didn't pass muster. Surprisingly difficult to draw, damn things.  No wonder they died out.

1. 0

They resemble...
        Never mind, you did your best.

working