jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Easy way to contact followers

1. watergeek profile image94
    watergeekposted 3 years ago

I would love to be able to send a mass email to all my followers thanking them for following me . . . or wishing them a happy holidays, etc. How can that be done?

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You could send them a mass email.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's not possible, and for good reason.    If it was possible to send a mass email to followers, some Hubbers would be bound to abuse it. 

You can post a greeting on the Status on your feed and all your followers will see it.

watergeekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm missing something. What Status? I don't see a comment box.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92

When you log in to HubPages you see your "feed" page, where you see the latest forum posts, Hubs etc from people you're following.   There's a status box at the top.  Type in there and it appears on the "feed" page of all your followers.

I just found it. Usually I don't sign out of Hubpages, but I do have another account, which I just went to. Coming back to this one I noticed the status bar. Thanks very much for letting me know. I agree that it's a better way to deliver group messages.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

Were I to be spammed in this way by authors I have chosen to bookmark ("follow" is an offensive term, I do not "follow" anyone nor call myself a "follower" of anything"), I would delete the offenders from my list immediately.

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would do the same thing WriteAngled. I think wishing someone a good holiday and anything else should either be done in the person's profile or by leaving a message in the forums.

2. watergeek profile image94

I wish there was another word that could be used instead of "followers." I don't follow anyone either, yet there are certain authors I like to read more than others, which does make me one by HP standards. Kinda like a groupie, which I don't consider myself either. There's got to be a better word.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
        calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How about calling them "feeders" since we show up in their feeds?  I also like the all-purpose "dudes."

2. Marisa Wright profile image92

Originally, they were called "fans", not "followers", and the purpose was to sign up to read the work of writers you admire.  There was no suggestion that you should become a fan just to be friendly.  I liked that better.

I like that too. Any idea why it was changed?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92

It was when Twitter started to be popular, I think they just wanted to be trendy.

working