jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)

Kontera Revised TOS

1. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I can't seem to pull up the new terms and conditions revisions. Can anyone tell me what they are? I got an email yesterday saying I have 30 days to say my objections or something like that.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago
  3. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

I didn't even get an email

4. quotations profile image90
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

I read the agreement at the link that Mark posted. Have to love paragraph 4,2 which basically says that if you earn less than $5.00 in any given month, they keep the money and don't roll it over. But if the earnings are over 5.00 but less than the payout amount, then they roll it over except that your "revenue share" is what they say it is and they can adjust it however they feel like.

I have tried Kontera on a couple of pages and their click through rate is very low and much worse than other programs.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That condition is not new to how Kontera operates.

5. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

I was thinking of dumping them already, I think the ads are annoying. Now, I have even more reason.

6. Ladymermaid profile image81
    Ladymermaidposted 8 years ago

I read the new contract and thought it was a pretty bad deal but just wanted to pop in and see what everyone else thought about it?

Kontera is getting a little greedy maybe?

......... and on the very backs of those that keep them in business?

Ladymermaid

7. bgamall profile image85
    bgamallposted 8 years ago

They are toast. That is exactly why people have trouble trusting online enterprises. I am not giving them a chance to earn another penny.

8. bgamall profile image85
    bgamallposted 8 years ago

Relache from Hubpages when you go to edit your Kontera. They understand the problem and give a recommendation. You are ok but many of us aren't there yet:

"Kontera has a minimum payout threshold of $100, and may not count earnings of less than $5 in a month toward your total. Therefore, we only recommend Kontera as an affiliate option for HubPages author's that are already earning at least $50 a month from AdSense."

9. Inspirepub profile image85
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

I earn more than $50 a month from Adsense on HubPages, much more - but have yet to reach payout from Kontera, after running it on all my Hubs for 6 months.

Jenny

10. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

I've made $.06 from Kontera thus far. I didn't know about their "we steal anything under $5 policy." That's the last nickel and penny they will make off me.

11. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 8 years ago

I removed it from my hubs when I read that we lose our $5 & under every month. I think my adsenses does better without them, too.

12. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I removed it months ago. I earn a lot more than $50 a month from adsense - and it took me 4 months to reach payout with kontera - plus I had to wait another 2 months to get paid.

This might vary for different topics, but I found the ads mostly irrelevant and would rather lose the money than annoy my visitors, plus  kontera is behaving as though they are google - which they are not.

1. Whitney05 profile image64
      Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have also noticed that most of the ads are irrelevant to the topic of the hub. They just seem to pick a keyword and put an ad to it.

I'm definitely hoping that HP implements the new Google Expandable Ads instead of Kontera, as I'd like to believe they will be more relevant to the hub topic.

Although I am still running Kontera, I will be canceling it with my latest payout, which won't be till next month or so, as I've reached  the $100 this month...

13. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Paragraph 4.2 says that if you earn less than $5.00 in any given month, they keep the money and don't roll it over.

The sad thing is that there might be thousands of hubbers earning less than $5/month. I believe this is not only very unfair to the small publishers but also ungodly.

I smell a rat on this Kontera business…….. Wherever you see smoke, there might be fire ahead. After all, they are only paying about 10% of what they ought to be paying.

14. profile image0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Maybe Pual Deeds or someone else from Hubpages might chime in with their thoughts.

working