jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Being a better writer help... need instructions

1. IntimatEvolution profile image83
    IntimatEvolutionposted 2 years ago

http://intimatevolution.hubpages.com/hu … l-Uniforms

Hi everyone-

Please be harsh and critical to the areas that I messed up on and needs to rework.  I tried to make this a great hub, and obliviously failed.  I was striving for a higher score.  What do I need to do?  I am working today, therefore I won't be able to comment back until after my shift at 5:30 pm.  CST.  Is it really just a 77 score'able hub?  How do you then get at least a 90 or 100?  I am so frustrated and confused.  It took me forever to put this hub together.sad

Thanks, Julie

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, but you have so many links on that Hub I can't even read it.

2. mdgardner profile image89
    mdgardnerposted 2 years ago

As a football fan I enjoyed it. The only thing I would say is that all the blue links in the text can be a little distracting. Other than that I think it's great. I can tell you put a ton of time and effort it. Side Note: Oregon gets my vote for the best football uniform hands down.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

Have to go with the others here - the links are not only distracting but you will be penalized by both google and HP for them.  Links should ONLY be included if the topic of the other site is relevant to the topic of this one.  Looking at the links in the first paragraph:

Demon faces have nothing to do with football uniforms.
    Middle East politics have nothing to do with football uniforms
    Xmas decorations have nothing to do with football uniforms
    Cheerleading costumes have very little to do with football uniforms, although with a big stretch could be considered at least a little relevant.

Of all the links I checked (over a dozen) not one belonged in a treatise on football uniforms.  HP requires that links be relevant, and these are not.  Dump them.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

You should not be using copyright pictures without permission

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You're right - several of those carry obvious copyright notices and/or a notice that "all rights reserved".

5. IntimatEvolution profile image83
    IntimatEvolutionposted 2 years ago

Okay, great facts!!  thanks so much.  I made the changes while on break here.  I took out the pics that have issue or was not properly accredited, took out all the links, even the ones that DID associate to fb and benefited other hubbers however, were NOT directly focused on 2013 NCAA Football.  Some of my links correlated with NCAA soccer, fonts, Christmas shopping, NCAA cheerleading ( which I absolutely disagreed with cause I DO think it is a sport..., definitely.), pre-season football schedules, etc...  I was just looking to help my follower hubbers.  I noticed that when i did publish it the first time and didn't have a single backlink my score was at least a 80.  I added backlinks in last night.

I am glad to know that it is not my writing.  This other stuff, very fixable.  I was ready to sign up for grammar class at MIZZOU again. Lol.  Therefore, I am glad that it was just technical crap.  That stuff easily fixable the other is more about making a "life change" or "money issues" from the expense of going back to school, after 23 years.
    Thanks everyone.