jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Pinning Troubles

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Today, I keep getting this notice when trying to "Pin" something to Pinterest:

"Whoops!  We're having some trouble talking to s2.hubimg.com. Please try again later!"

Is this error on the HP end or the Pinterest end?  I have had it happen before, as well, and "trying later" did not seem to work any better.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just pinned your photo 'Cliff Palace, Mesa Verde National Park ' from your 'Old Pain' Hub using the HP Pin it button and it worked.

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmm...Well first of all, thanks for the pin!
        I'm still having the same problem today, specifically on yesterday's HOTD about the candy apple pie recipe...  :-(

Are you pinning from the HP Pin or from your Pinterest toolbar icon?

From the HP Pin button at the bottom of the Hub...

I just pinned the first picture from that Hub using the red pin button that is right on the picture and it worked.  I put it on my 'Cool Stuff' board if you want to repin from that.  I can't imagine why that isn't working for you.  What happens exactly when you click on the red pin button on the picture?

I did not realize you could click the photo--I thought you had to use the "pin it" button.  I'll try going from the photo, and let you know.  Thanks for the tip.

Ok--that worked.  Thanks!  But I still don't know why the button at the bottom won't work.. wink  lol

I just went to your latest Hub.  I think you were using the Pin button on the right sidebar which follows you down as you read the Hub.  So, I went to the bottom of your Hub and used that button, and pinned your first picture.  That worked.

Hmm..yes, that's the pin button I was trying to use on the apple pie hub, and where I had the problem.  Oh, well, I managed the work-around, thank you for that tip!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Well, POO! 
    I just had the same exact problem on a different hub, and this time, it did not matter from WHICH part of the hub or which photo or 'button' I tried to use--I kept getting the same error message.
    This is getting to be frustrating BS.
    This time, the hub in question was the one about easy, inexpensive stocking stuffers written by "tirelesstraveler."

working