jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Printing: use browser print function

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

I wonder if a "printer friendly" option might be possible for recipe hubs.  I know it shouldn't be on all hubs, because of copyright problems, but sometimes, we want to try a recipe, but to print it out from the full hub often takes like 7 sheets of paper, including as it does all of the photos and ads.

Just a thought...

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What method are you using to print Hubs?
      I ask because I just tested printing a recipe Hub using the Print function in multiple browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Firefox) and all of the browsers print the Hub content only without any ads or comments.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
        DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I simply highlighted the text, selected copy and pasted to Word,  but it still prints all the photos the author used, so that is what takes up all the paper.
        For some reason, my rather dated copy of MS Word  (Y2K edition) gives me fits trying to delete things like pictures.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried just printing the website?  Copying it to word seems like an unnecessary step.

2. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yet another option takes more time, but would eliminate all the extras. I save all of my hubs after I publish them. Click and drag to highlight the text and copy into Word. Then go back through and delete whatever you don't want to print, change the font to a smaller size, and then print.

2. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 2 years ago

Its a good thought for those of us who like to work of the printed page.  Even though I love my iPad having it written in front of me just seems easier (old fashioned I guess).