jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon API - Do any of you use it on your sites?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

I was wondering if any of you use the Amazon API on your sites? I looked for information online but couldn't find details. I need to submit credit card details so that they could bill me. But, before doing so I was wondering if any of you knew how much they charge etc.

Is it per call or does it have a sort of tier system. And any other details about it would be cool

1. my_girl_sara profile image90
      my_girl_saraposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am interested too in others' experience. Good question.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What do you want to use it for?   I have used Amazon in the past on various websites, using plugins that use the API, and I've never paid a cent nor submitted my credit card.

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.

2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image59
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 2 years ago

I took my API with amazon off my hub account. My husband worked for them for eight years as a shipping clerk, loading boxes on trucks and making pallets. Amazon managers and the like, treated him like crap.
    They treat all their workers like crap. Amazon likes to withhold monies from the employees via the time clock entries. So very happy we never have to deal with Amazon again! :-)  The HR there were playing games about giving him his last check that he was due too.

They call, tell us we can go pick it up. Then we get there, and they give the story  "they mailed it". This is after the hour before when they told us to come get the darn thing. I will never sell any of my novels with them, buy not one thing from them, ever!  I would much rather deal with overstock then Amazon!  And..matter of fact, Amazon never really gave me what they owed me as one of their "affiliates". You would be better off to tell Amazon "thanks but no thanks", in doing any form of business with them.

3. iagovar profile image59
    iagovarposted 2 years ago

Never used it. I'ts a shame for spanish sites. I never saw it running fine.

working