jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Hubs Missing from Selection List? Check image requirement

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

Today, I went in to edit my profile, and select holiday-only hubs for the carousel there.  I do not have a large number of such hubs--in fact, only 1 above the allowable display number.

I was therefore annoyed to find that 2 of those hubs are missing from the alphabetical list from which we may select.  I checked, and double-checked; went back into my account, sorted by title, and looked for those two hubs, and sure enough, they ARE there, and they ARE still published, with no problems in the form of warnings, etc...(both are featured).

So, I went back to the profile and again, those two hubs are missing from THAT list.  What gives??  I thought that list was supposed to be ALL of our published hubs, so we could select any ones we wanted to showcase.  I suspect that several other hubs are missing from the selection list as well; I just have not done a full investigation of that possibility.

What gives???

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Mine are still showing but there was mention on one of these threads that someone was having difficulty with showing their hubs of the carousel.   I have not dared change mine until the situation is fully resolved - just in case the number has been reduced or something.

1. susi10 profile image94
        susi10posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi DzyMsLizzy and Sally!
        This is the forum thread where janshares and I reported this issue. You can see Mathew Meyer's response too. He said it was fixed but maybe there are a few other glitches that may need fixing.

1. susi10 profile image94
          susi10posted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is also an image requirement for Hubs to be displayed in the carousel of 200x150.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image84
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had two accolades suddenly disappear from my profile page but I was not sure which two and I did not know why. They reappeared a day or two later. Perhaps it is a hide and seek game, or testing us to see if we notice things. smile

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As @susi10 mentioned, there is a minimum image size requirement.
      If the specific Hubs you are concerned with meet this image requirement, then, as with any technical issue report, please review the sticky thread and follow the trouble shooting steps.  Then report the OS and browser you are using as well.
      If the Hubs meet the image requirement and the trouble shooting steps don't resolve the issue, then let us know the trouble shooting steps you did as well as the specific Hub title and URL so we can investigate the issue further.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
        DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ah, ok.  Thank you.  Somehow I missed the photo requirement.  One of the hubs in question does not even have a photo; only a video capsule; the other had no photo, only a picture of the product in an Amazon capsule.
        (One of the ones that I was able to use did not have a 'real photo;' I'd used the topic inspiration picture...)