jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Scheduling a Hub to be Published?

1. stephhicks68 profile image77
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Hi all - its been a while since I've been on the forums.  I'd love to see a new feature that would allow us to schedule a hub to be published.   When editing a hub, the score tends to drop a bit, and I would love to be able to press publish, but allow it to continue "marinating" overnight or even for a day or more before going live.  I just hate publishing a hub with a score in the 50s... regardless of whether it climbs up subsequently.

This would also be helpful for people that want to time a hub to be published close to a specific day or event.

Thanks, Steph

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Actually, you can do this already. 

Save your finished Hub as unpublished and then just watch what it does for the next 2-3 days.

Then hit publish when it's up in the 60s or 70s.

1. Pest profile image59
        Pestposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just publish my crap when most of my fans are around...

1. WHoArtNow profile image84
          WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LoL, do you time it perfectly Pest? I bet there is some skill involving beer and UFO sightings to work it out..

1. Pest profile image59
            Pestposted 8 years ago in reply to this

More than that my dear fan, Andre.  Full moon, Big Foot and NASCAR...And weather or not I can steal a signal from the bar across the road!

Hi dame!!!  ***  waves  ***  OH hey Dame how do you do the emoticon guy sticking out his tongue???

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

STEPHHHH!!!!!

<3

3. stephhicks68 profile image77
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Hey Charlotte!!!  I missed you!  ;-)

4. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

Steph what an awesome idea!  I have dozens of hubs finished but can't find time to remember to post them it would be perfect!

5. WHoArtNow profile image84
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

That would be good for outside of the USA hubbers too, I always forget the time difference when publishing so I seem to miss the good traffic from the states.

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

O geezz... Pest, tongue lol

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

they do have that smileys button, Pest...  n shows you all the keystrokes, wink lol lol

8. darkside profile image78
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I would not be worried about the score of a hub in relation to publishing.

The sooner you can publish, with an appropriate amount of content, the better.

You can't get quality traffic to an unpublished hub. Search Engines can't index an unpublished hub.

9. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I am not so worried about the score marinating, so to speak, but I'd love to be able to predate a hub to post at a specific time other than right now. I like to finish mine in advance, and publish throughout the month, and it would sure save time from having to manually publish, especially as this morning it was slow on my end.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Same here Whitney this is exactly what i do.  But I never find time to publish them!

working