jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Thumbnails in Google Search

1. Suzanne Day profile image98
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

Just a suggestion.

I have established authorship with Google and now my author pic comes up in search results on Google. However, I think my author pic doesn't really help "sell" anything. I noticed that some recipes I was looking at had thumbnail pics drawn from the actual article in search results, which looked far more attractive - see pic below.

I found these instructions on Google about how to do it, and wondered if Hubpages would be able to assist in implementing this in any way? I do think it would sell our hubs more than a one-size-fits-all author pic!

https://support.google.com/customsearch … 6955?hl=en

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As @vespawoolf mentioned, you can check how we send/package a specific Hub using Google snippet tool.
      If the image shows in the tool, but not in Google SERPs, then it is being sent to Google properly, but they have chosen to display the information in a different way.

1. Suzanne Day profile image98
        Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Matthew, had a look and the recipe hubs are showing correct food thumbnails in snippet tool. Looks like a Google issue then.

2. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 2 years ago

Suzanne, I am experiencing the same issue. I wrote Hub team and according to Google's rich snippet tool, my recipe Hubs should be showing on Google search results with a food photo, not a head shot. So at thus point it may be a problem with Google. I agree that the head shot doesn't sell anything. I hope we can work this out eventually!