Amazon Locale..again

1. Nitin Pillai profile image60
    Nitin Pillaiposted 2 years ago

Okay, so I have still not been able to understand completely about Locales in Amazon Associates (sigh!). It would be very helpful if anyone could answer these:

1. Let's say I have a US locale account. A visitor from UK or India comes and buys a product from one of my pages on HP through the associate link. Will I earn a commission for the purchase?
    2. Let's say that I grab the product link from the "link to this page" option ( on the Amazon product page (signed in to US locale account) and include that link in my post. If someone from India (or any other country except US) clicks on this link present on my post, and purchases an item, will I receive a commission? (hope I am making sense)

Thanks a lot! And Happy Christmas!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You'd get a commission in either scenario, however, the likelihood of someone from another country ordering from the USA-based Amazon program is extremely low. 

Not only does it require separate registration, but then there're the issues of currency conversion and massive shipping charges from a foreign country.

1. Nitin Pillai profile image60
      Nitin Pillaiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Relache!
      I read through the amazon associates help page,(, and here is what I read:

"Will my Associates ID work in all countries? (e.g. can I use my Associates ID in a US widget?)

No. Your Associates ID will only earn you referral fees from sales in the same locale as your Associate ID. For example, to earn referral fees from an widget, you must be a member of the UK Associates program and use that UK Associates ID in your UK widget."

Now this has confused me a bit more.