jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How long does it take for the duplicate content filter to refresh?

1. Jacob J Morris profile image91
    Jacob J Morrisposted 3 years ago

I'm migrating an article from my blog to hubpages. I've been able to get around the duplicate content filters in the past by ensuring that I have my 301 permanent redirects setup before publishing--it always works.

I forgot to do that on the latest article I'm trying to publish, and of course the dupe content filter tagged me. I have since updated the 301 redirect to point to hubpages on my blog, but the content filter is still saying duplicate. I have searched the web, there are no other articles, but the one I published (I used copyscape to check).

How long does it take for this dupe content filter to refresh?

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can remove the URL from search by doing so on your webmaster tools dashboard. I am usually able to migrate content immediately by doing that. Here is what you do, given that you have verified your subdomain and blog.

1) Select website
      2) on left click Google index
      3) From there select remove URLs
      4) Create a new removal request
      5) Enter the URL of the page you wish to remove
      6) Follow whatever instructions you get

Wait at least 24 hours but in most cases it's removed within a couple of hours.

To answer your question: As long as there is a cached version on the net it may take up to two weeks, even longer. Follow the steps above and Google will also remove cached pages.

2. SpaceShanty profile image91
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

If I move an article I usually wait about 10 days before publishing it here.

3. Jacob J Morris profile image91

Well the article is no longer on the web, it's pointing to a redirect to hubpages, so just not sure why it isn't changing?

4. Jacob J Morris profile image91

Cardisa I tried your recommendation. The link was removed but im still getting the message

5. Jacob J Morris profile image91

Cardisa, nevermind, I realized I didnt do it correct, retrying

6. Jacob J Morris profile image91

It's resolved, thank you!

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome smile

working