jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Improving the Visual Aesthetic of Hubs with Images & Amazon Modules

1. Jacob J Morris profile image95
    Jacob J Morrisposted 2 years ago

I've recently rejoined HubPages, and getting up to speed on the new layout options. I've put together my first few hubs, and struggling a little on the layout.

I write about men's grooming, and generally have hubs where I review several products at one time related to a category or a topic.

So, when I review a product, I put a picture of that product and then I also include the relevant Amazon module. In the past, I would put all my Amazon modules at the very bottom of the hub (they still did very well for me).

However, I noticed that HubPages is now recommended that you place your modules next to where you mention the products. This causes two issues for me:

1. Create visual redundancy -- two images of the same thing (my image + Amazon's image)
    2. Breaks the fluidity of the content when you stack these images; even on an 1,800 word article, I've got modules that are now creating large white space gaps. Now, I could write more content as one options, but looking for alternatives.

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd opt for getting rid of white gap space if you really don't have more text to add. If it's a product someone really wants, I would think they will click on it whether it's beside your text/image or further down where your instinct says they should be. You can always write a blurb in the ad capsule "as shown or mentioned above" or "use this for . . .  as mentioned" to sell and justify the product.

2. NateB11 profile image91
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

The layouts are a good guide and a recommendation, but you can organize your Hub the way you want. The reason it's suggested to put the Amazon ads near the text, to the right, is because that's the way people's eyes go when they read a web article. However, I've noticed I've made sales on ads I put at the bottom of a Hub, just like you said. Seems to me, you could keep doing that. Include your images where you want them in the body and ads underneath.

As far as the layouts go, you can use them as a good guide, but if you need to delete capsules as necessary, or add other ones, you can.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

You don't have to follow the the layout exactly, they give you their recommendation that I'm assuming they researched/think will help make your hub successful, however you can organize it how you want it.