jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Moderating requests

1. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I was just thinking about this problem, others before me have mentioned that hub requests are sometimes inane and don't provide a gateway for a hub to be written easily.  I like a challenge when I am writing just as much as the next person, however, we need a way to combat the bad requests.

There is already a process in place wherein a bad hub can be flagged for review.  Would it be possible to apply the same flagging process to requests?  Perhaps the options could be the same as well, to filter these horrid excuses for requests.

On the flip side, I just noticed a request posted by an individual who joined a mere eleven minutes ago.  While this isn't a bad thing necessarily when considering the fact that there are users out there like myself who registered and jumped right in to hubbing, there are also those folks out there who sign up for forums, sites and leave anonymous comments whose sole purpose is spam/self-promotion/random stupidity.

So, how do we raise the bar without hurting people like me who register and begin hubbing almost immediately?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

We try and moderate the request queue a few times a day.  We could add some flagging to them as well.

I have to say, that we get about 20 to 30 hubs flagged a day and it is a tremendous help.  Thanks for flagging.  I'll talk with Paul Deeds about flagging requests.

3. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Thank you for the quick response!  If it can be done, I only see it helping the site.

Thank you for being so approachable, too, when I consider other sites on which I have posted as part of a knowledge base and the segregation of writers and administrative staff, I thank my lucky stars I found hubpages. smile

4. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

One thing I've picked up is that some people think they're going to get revenue from Hubs that answer their request.  If there was some way they could be disabused of that notion, it might reduce the number of silly requests.