jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

RESOLVED: Unknown hub violation

1. Thomas Swan profile image92
    Thomas Swanposted 3 years ago

On my hub `Top 20 Famous Redheads In History' I have the violation `Links to Malware or Phishing sites'. The hub was published 7 months ago and I haven't added any links since then. When I go into edit mode, there isn't a message to tell me which link is supposed to be the bad one. I haven't had an email about it either. Is this a mistake? I'd hate to lose the featured and editor's choice status of the hub.

1. KDeus profile image97
      KDeusposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I went to your hub and not sure what is causing the problem. However, the link "Washington had red hair" is no longer a valid URL. Perhaps that site may have been hacked/taken over at one time and could still be having lingering problems.

1. Writer Fox profile image78
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That link worked for me.  It's probably the link to the Russian website - although that link works, Russian websites are often not trusted. My advice to the poster is to try removing the link and then refresh the 'check for violations now' on the bottom of your accounts page and see if the warning is removed.

Thomas Swanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for commenting Writer Fox. Yea, I just changed the link after reading KDeus's comment. It was broken before. After rechecking violations the problem seems to have vanished.

1. Writer Fox profile image78
            Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Cool!  Interesting Hub, by the way.

Thanks! The violation came back today for whatever reason, so I've removed the link to the Russian site like you suggested. Hopefully the violation won't come back tomorrow. I wish Hubpages would just tell me what I need to change.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
                psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you click on the warning (or in edit mode the question mark) it will tell you the exact url that is the problem.

The edit mode for the hub looked the same as it normally does. If there was something wrong, I would typically get a yellow-colored section telling me where the problem is. I didn't see that, or a question mark.

The violations page just said "Links to Malware or Phishing Site" without any mention of the URL that it thought was the problem. I could try clicking on the warning on my account page, but I suspect it will just take me to the violations page.

Anyway, it's gone for now, but it was gone yesterday before coming back again today, so I don't see this as "resolved" (like the thread title now suggests).

2. Thomas Swan profile image92

Hi KDeus, thanks for spotting that. I'm surprised Hubpages didn't report it as a broken link. After changing the link to something else, and rechecking my violations, the problem seems to have been fixed. Thank you for your help!

2. KDeus profile image97
    KDeusposted 3 years ago

I'm glad that you were able to get it resolved!

3. mythbuster profile image84
    mythbusterposted 3 years ago

I'm glad this problem has been resolved - I have a similar alert for a couple of my hubs, so maybe the same issue is going on. Now I can go check the problem out and, hopefully, fix it, insert a more updated url or something.

Really not sure it is resolved because I don't know if I fixed the problem.

working