jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Tracking specific day's traffic to individual hubs

1. JayeWisdom profile image94
    JayeWisdomposted 3 years ago

On December 16, my total earnings spiked for that day. I would like to know specifically which hub or hubs were responsible. This would help me determine the best type of hubs to concentrate on writing and publishing in the future. If there's something at the Learning Center about this, I can't find it, and the HubPages FAQ does not include this topic. Does anyone know how to find this information?  Thanks....Jaye

1. Writer Fox profile image77
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can look on your accounts page and see which Hub got the most visits over the past 24 hours.  If one particular Hub had a significant increase in visits, it's probably responsible for the increased earnings. Since it's past the 16th, look at the visits for the past seven days.

1. JayeWisdom profile image94
        JayeWisdomposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your response.

If I'd looked at my stats that day (Dec. 16), I would have known which hubs got the most traffic during the past 24 hours; however, I didn't. When taking the figure from the "7 days" column and averaging it several days later, the average was very different from "1 day" visits (current the day I checked) to several hubs on that particular day. It gives a ballpark guess, but I wish there were a way to see exactly what happens for each hub, each day.

I know.  But it would cost HP a lot of money to provide that information for 375,000 Hubs every day.  Frankly, most people writing here don't seem to care about how much money their Hubs are making.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

That info is not made available to us, despite the fact that people have been asking for it since the Hub Ads program first went into effect.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Most visits does not automatically correlate with most earnings.  This theory specifically leaves you blind to slightly-lower trafficked Hubs which sometime command much higher CPM rates.

From the stats on my own Hubs, I notice when a particular Hub has increased visits and I track CPC advertising rates for the keywords I target.  It's been fairly obvious to me which Hubs are responsible for an increase in earnings, but I only have three dozen Hubs to track. When I made $200 in a single day on HP Ads, I know exactly which Hub was responsible.

working