jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

What is Hub Group?

1. KenDeanAgudo profile image73
    KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago

I was wondering if what do we mean by hub group in the account section. When I look at it all my hubs are in orphan group. What do you mean by that? Any answer? And what is good in creating group?

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Groups are a way for Hub authors to connect and organize Hubs on related topics.

The FAQ has post on this,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubgroups

KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I will read it, thank you sally smile

2. drpennypincher profile image95
      drpennypincherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

One benefit of organizing your Hubs into Groups is that the "previous" and "next" hub links that are displayed when a visitor views your Hub will be from the same group.  This makes it more likely that a visitor will read more of your Hubs since they will be on a related topic.

Oh i see, thank you for making this things clear smile But how can I reorganize it again since all my hubs are group in one. can I separate them and put them on other group?

1. sallybea profile image96
          sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can, create a group - say photography, cooking etc.,  and then drag the item into the appropriate group.

Oh my, lol now I know how to do it. Thank you sally smile

2. Carola Finch profile image97
    Carola Finchposted 3 years ago

An orphan hub is one that has not been put into a group. You create groups yourself so that you can see your hubs in subcategories.  In mine, I have created groups for topics such as disabilities, mental health and Christian living.  Then I can view the hubs by group.  This is really helpful if I want to find a particular hub or see how well a certain category is doing.  Once the groups are created, there are two ways you can out your hub in a group.  You can click on the Display Options tab on the top right of the hub in edit mode and select a group.  I tend to forget to do this, so I just go to groups and see if there are any orphans.  Then I use the mouse to move the orphan into a group.

Thank you carola for the clarification. I thought orphan hubs will put all my earnings to other people as donation. lol I am getting crazy that time! haha now it is clear to me smile

1. 0
        sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL! You're not crazy. It took me a while to figure out the group thing. Glad you figured it out.

Yes Sheila, hahaha Now I have grouped all my hubs haha

1. Hikapo profile image84
            Hikapoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Creating groups will really start to help when you have more than 50+ hubs. It makes it much easier to find your hubs. big_smile

You are right Hikapo big_smile

3. Rock_nj profile image88
    Rock_njposted 3 years ago

Hub Groups also have the added benefit of adding links to the Hubs you have on either side of a Hub in a group at the bottom of your Hubs.  Add Hubs to groups, then go to the Hubs, and see the links.  It can increase Hub views by sending readers to similar Hubs you have written within a group.

I have noticed it already rock. It is really helpful big_smile

working