Re-written/republished from old site but now, HP has unpublished it

1. TeriSilver profile image90
    TeriSilverposted 2 years ago

And I don't get it because the site I had it on originally tells me it's completely clear from their pages and I cannot find it in the search engines. . 

I am in the process of rewriting pieces that had once been published on another site. They've been off that site for a few weeks now. I've checked the current piece I tried to publish on HP through search engines, but it's not there (as it shouldn't be). However, HP says it's duplicate content, which ... some of it is but I understood that once the search engines dropped it and if it's retooled somewhat, I can use it here. It shouldn't be online elsewhere unless someone stole it. I have a number of pieces I wanted to re-do -- the best place to have them is on HP. How do I use them here?  Can I get some type of "official" word from HP on what to do?  Thanks, t.

The URL is … Traditions

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
      LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Email and explain that they were taken off from the other site weeks ago. Anyway HP staff are the only ones who can make the decision to publish them and remove the duplicate label

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you take the time to check for stolen copies before you took your original down?  If not, you may not be able to use the piece unless you can convince the content thieves of your ownership (which is tough to prove when you've removed the original) and get them to take down their copy.

Remember, on the Internet, oldest publication date of content still posted is how search engines and HubPages determine who has the "original."