jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Just Came Back From a Long Break

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago

Hello everybody.  I joined Hubpages around June and have written 37 articles since then.  During the summer, I was very active here, and that is the time where I did my writing.  However, I haven't really been here since the end of August.  I would check my account every so often just to check the views.  I have been averaging at about 500 views a month.  All of my articles are featured and 5 are editors choice hubs.

Anyway, my question is, based on what I have achieved so far, how should I proceed?  I have recently edited my Facebook page and Hubpages profile to make things fresh.  I have also read many articles on SEO optimization and writing good content, but I was wondering if one or two people could help me out by looking at what I have built so far and by giving me advice based on that.

Ben Blackwell

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I looked at your Profile and I think you need to do better keyword research using Google's AdWords Keyword Planner. Use the ideas there to create better titles and Description Tags.  The Description Tag is called 'the summary' on HubPages and it is what shows on your Profile for each Hub and what Google picks up as the Snippet.  These Description Tags need to be almost exactly (but no more than) 160 characters including spaces and correctly describe the content of your Hubs, using quality keywords with high traffic and low competition. Competition means the number of competing webpages on search results, not the advertisers on AdWords.

2. susi10 profile image94
      susi10posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nice to see you back, Ben! smile
      Writer Fox has some good advice to follow. Also, keep writing more hubs! You can only increase your views and earnings by writing more hubs. Make sure to create high-quality hubs as quality will always rank over quantity.
      Best of luck with your endeavours here on HP.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I recommend Greekgeek's Hubs for advice on writing.   She doesn't trumpet her knowledge, she's just quietly making money!

2. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago

Ok, guys.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Can someone point me to a good hub or article about using Google's Keyword Planner?

Ben Blackwell

1. The Examiner-1 profile image84
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

These first two seem to be about AdWords:
      1) https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPl … cache=true

2) http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2013/ … rd-planner

This last one, Google Trends, may be more to your liking. I use it and there is a Hub about it written by Sue Adams.

I put in all three links because I was unsure which one that you meant.