jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Site plagiarising Travel Hubs

1. Shinkicker profile image89
    Shinkickerposted 3 years ago

Has anyone discovered their travel Hubs stolen by this site? Have Hubpages notified you yet?

They've copied loads of mine.

http://yourbackpacking.org/

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

Thanks for posting.  Yes, I just found one of mine.  No, I wasn't notified with a copy alert from HP.  It looks like they have used a translator.  Have you tried using the contact email?  My copyright is still at the bottom.  sigh.   It's clearly obvious these are all stolen articles.

Shinkickerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I tried to contact but it said I needed to activate cookies to send it. I was worried I might then invite a virus.

I'm not clued up on that kind of thing.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91

I simply sent the email and just received a response.  Here it is:

Hello Rebekah.

Thank you for your letter.
    Sorry for this situation - i removed your article from the site. The articles on the site are published by our team of writers, and, unfortunatelly i cannot always control if they were stollen because they change text and it passes CopyScape check, so i cannot see if it is not original.

> I suggest you also remove shinkicker's hubs

Can you please tell me what articles on this site are shinkicker hubs, so i can remove them and fine the writers that published it.

Thank you and Happy New Year

I had asked him to also remove your articles, but as you can see, they go through a system that passes copyscape.  If you want to contact him, I believe it's safe.  Mine is already removed within minutes.  Good luck, and thanks again for posting.   If you want, I can send you his email via your HP mail address.

Shinkickerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks very much , I'll do that

All the best

4. rebekahELLE profile image91

You're welcome.  Hope it gets worked out.  Let us know.
    Happy new year to you!

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up on this, and I am glad they were responsive.  Based on the language in the message you got, it does sound like there's some translation going on.  I will check my travel hubs.

6. rebekahELLE profile image91

Well, I checked the site further and went through the first five  articles listed on the side bar. Apparently the 'team of writers' have discovered HP.  They are all taken from HubPages; vocalcoach, silvershark, prarieprincess, Amanda Severn, Chuck, go-barbara-go...  I suggest anyone who has travel articles to check the site. 

There are no ads on the site.

7. Dawn Denmar1 profile image88
    Dawn Denmar1posted 3 years ago

Yes, strange. I just checked the site to see if the one travel piece I published is on. It isn't. But I had a quick look through the site and was also surprised to see no ads. I wonder what the point is? Unless the owner wants to build up a big library and then start monetizing?

8. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago

If there's a multitude of hubs on here, maybe a DMCA is in order?

working