jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Un featured hub :(

1. Claire Roach profile image83
    Claire Roachposted 3 years ago

Hi, I made a new hub today and it was un featured due to quality, It's the smallest hub I have wrote to date at 856 words, but there's no more to be said, I don't want to waffle on when not needed.
    Anyway, question is, when I make edits, will it automatically be resubmitted for checking? as I obviously want it featured.
    Thanks in advance
    Claire x

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes if you edit it, it will rerun through QAP.  I suggest adding some sub-headings and media like pictures.

2. KenDeanAgudo profile image75
      KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just edit and make some revisions and try to pass it again tongue

2. Claire Roach profile image83

Thank you, I shall smile

3. Claire Roach profile image83

I have revised it and it still came back as poor quality, I just don't get it hmm

http://claireroach.hubpages.com/hub/How … r-TV-shows

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Hi, Claire - I checked your hub, and the topic looks good.  I'm wondering if the QAP reviewers are rushing through hubs (without reading your intent) and thought it appeared promotional?  It's not, but the lead language and the series of images about shows might look ad-like? 

Here are a few suggestions: 

HP prefers titles of hubs & subheads to have caps in the main words.  That's an easy edit (might be something they noticed - even if it's nit-picky).

Consider using fewer logo-looking images and look for some YouTube clips of some of the shows.

If you're linking to commercial sites in the list of where to register, maybe get rid of links & just give the info?

Consider revising the lead sentence or two to sound less promotional.  Maybe you could lead with something like, "Are you planning a trip to the UK on a limited budget?  If you're interested in some low-cost entertainment, consider registering for free tickets . . ."  etc.

I don't know if these ideas would help, but I definitely think the topic of your hub would be great to feature.

Best of luck!

5. Claire Roach profile image83

Thanks so much, I was hoping there would be something I had missed that would be an easy edit.  I hate that you can write a good (imo) article from scratch and have to mess about with it when (imo) it's great as it is hmm

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good topic.  I notice that none of your photos are credited - that may be the problem.

1. Writer Fox profile image77
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Photo credits have nothing to do with passing QAP.

6. Claire Roach profile image83

It's now featured, I made it over 1000 characters and BOOM it got featured.  I didn't make any other changes.

working