jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Another blogspot website pinching articles from Hubpages

1. Suzanne Day profile image96
    Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago

One of my hubs got copied and pasted on some blog.

I have filed a DMCA twice - no response yet, still waiting and waiting.

Then discovered that nearly all the articles are from hubpages, not just my one hub that got copied.

Here it is: http://travellingadvisory.blogspot.com.au/

Help me get this idiot taken down!!!

They're playing around with Kontera type link ads in the article and even read the comment I left for them which said they have stolen my content and proceeded anyway to add the links to the stolen hub.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just go straight to Google who own 'Blogspot' they will remove the entire Blog because they can.

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 14905?rd=2

or

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … &pli=1

The first link will probably be most useful to you under these circumstances but both are worth bookmarking.

2. gitachud profile image88
      gitachudposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about that. They will not gain much from copying other people's content and it will only be a matter of time before they are taken down.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Wow. I took a sentence from this blog and put it into Google search engine. .  . "I have lived in Sydney and Brisbane as well many other towns and cites on the east coast, hopefully my experience will save you lots of money".

I didn't find it on HubPages, but they had 14 places where this one sentence shows up!

3. Suzanne Day profile image96
    Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago

Thanks Mistyhorizon, I did the #1 link...twice now as it was 10 days and ni answer from Google. Lets hope tje second reporting bumps it!

Millionairetips, I searched a few articles on here too and found some not on hubpages but 3/5 were from here, including health hubs as well as travel ones.

Sporadic connection at mo - am moving and computer decided to die too, so please excuse any typos.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just be patient, I know some of the copies of mine that I reported using the Google link took two or three weeks before I got an email from Google saying they had been removed. The Blogspot ones are also one of the faster ones to be acted on, so if these take two-three weeks to be acted on I would allow longer for non-Blogspot/Blogger ones.

1. Suzanne Day profile image96
        Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

OK thanks MistyHorizon, I will try to have more patience with Google God. Just got back working computer so I am in seventh heaven as it is hard to type on a mobile wink

working