jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

There don't appear to be any voting (up/down) buttons on the mobile ap

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago via iphone

I'm using the iPhone iOS7, and I can rate things interesting, useful, etc. but don't see and general up/down hub buttons (when signed in).

1. choosetolive profile image57
      choosetoliveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Laura,
      Me too. Not able to see the general up/down hub buttons. Hence using the hubpage from my laptop itself to provide thumps up or so.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image84
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Laura,
      Do you have the users manual? If not it is here:
      http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1 … _guide.pdf
      I believe that you plug in your phone and download it.
      As for the voting, do you not just have to touch the screen at the thumb up or down? If you want a specific word it seems that you touch on that word and hold until a magnifying glass appears. Then drag to position the insertion point.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like you may be using the iOS app.
      With the recent mobile design improvements, I would suggest using a mobile browser like Safari on your iOS device rather than the app currently available in the iTunes store.

As @Relache mentioned, the thumbs up/down has little effect and and takes up screen real estate on mobile devices.
      You can find a bit more details about the recent mobile design changes in Paul Edmondson's blog post here including screenshots.
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/11/introd … obile-hub/

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
        Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Matthew Meyer! You're right--I'm using the hug pages app in the iTunes Store. I'll follow your sage advice, as usual. Cheers!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure that was an intentional design choice in the mobile layout.  Those features have been stated to hardly have any effect for years now, and apparently aren't used much by readers.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure about that?  Voting a Hub up or down doesn't affect the Hub in any way?

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I did not say there was no (zero) effect.  Paul Deeds has said the influence of up/downs is negligible for at least the past two years.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
          Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply.  In that case, I think the up/down thing should be removed.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I tend to agree.   I recall the forum post by Paul Deeds explaining that they had a negligible effect, so I could never understand why they left them there.

working