jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Removing Copyright Symbol

1. Pamela N Red profile image91
    Pamela N Redposted 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to get the copyright symbol removed from a title? I had one of my hubs copied twice and have made the perpetrators take down my work but now my article still shows a copyright symbol next to the title.

I've double checked and don't see anywhere else my story may be copied so was wondering what the steps are to have that taken off.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have the same issue Pamela. I had my stolen hub taken down and I even had Google remove the index in SERPs. But HubPages still shows the copyright symbol as well as the address of the stolen copy, which is no longer there.

The "Copied Hubs" report still says it was last checked on 11/01/13, which is why the symbol has not been removed.

I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure eventually it will clear when they get around to running a check again.

The more important issue is that HP does not run the check often enough and will miss newly stolen hubs. I just had another hub stolen which was not reported to me by HubPages. No copyright symbol. I discovered it because I noticed that the daily views dropped from around 60 to just 2 a day. So I did my own verification and found that that one was copied too.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have Hubs still showing the copyright symbol, even though the copy referenced was removed over a year ago.

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Having the same issue as well.

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 2 years ago

i think HP only run the software once in a while. A few years ago I  had enough traffic to trigger the software, which is expensive and only used sparingly on certain accounts, and I had the same problem you are facing.
    Just ignore it, but the c copyright symbol being there is a good reminder for you to check your hubs for plagiarised copies.
    You can do this for free by copying a section of your writing into Google search. If its any consolation, the symbol will eventually go away.

1. Pamela N Red profile image91
      Pamela N Redposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good to know. I was afraid maybe I was missing a step I needed to take. I'll just wait a while and see what happens.

3. I Am Rosa profile image88
    I Am Rosaposted 2 years ago

When I had this happen, I sent an email to HP letting them know that the situation had been resolved and they could remove the symbol.

The next day, I got a note back from team @ hubpages dot com (no spaces) letting me know they'd removed the warning.