jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Recipe hubs for non-recipe hubs?

1. misterhollywood profile image92
    misterhollywoodposted 3 years ago

Hi, all,

So I created a "How To" hub for finding jobs in a certain sector and used a recipe capsule as part of my build out because I like the sequence of how it lays out on the actual hub. Can we use recipe capsules for not cook/baking hubs? The hub is currently under review but I do have that message saying that I am using a recipe hub and that my hub won't appear as a recipe in search engines.

Thanks!

- mister hollywood

PS I posted this somewhere else but it was the wrong forum so please disregard. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The ratings capsule can be used in any Hub - in fact it's a very useful capsule, because it's coded in a special way, which tells Google you've written a review of a product, service, dish, website etc.

However you shouldn't use the other recipe capsules.   There is a rich snippets code for recipes, and I'm sure HubPages would have coded it into the recipe capsules - which means that by using them, you're telling Google your Hub is a recipe.  Google is likely to slap you because that will look misleading!

misterhollywoodposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa,
        So are you saying I should not use a recipe capsule in a hub that is not for a recipe?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No you shouldn't, except for the ratings capsule which you should use if you're writing a review.

misterhollywoodposted 3 years ago in reply to this

OK thanks!

working