jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Hubbers Slinging Arrows Under Alias Names

1. MotherHubber profile image59
    MotherHubberposted 7 years ago

Hi All,
    I am very new to HubPages, but I am hooked!  I've been looking to shake off the cobwebs and get back into writing for fun, and HubPages is just the vehicle to make me want to do it.

This morning, I read a comment posted to one of my Hubs that was a bit nasty.  No big deal, I have thick skin, and always welcome criticism.  Trouble is, when I dug a little to see who was doing the criticizing, I saw that it was a Hubber who hadn't published anything - in 2 years!

Is it common practice for Hubbers to create aliases so they can make snide comments without revealing their identities, or are there people on here who just like to criticize, but never write anything of their own?  Just curious.   Have any of you dealt with this?

All best,
    MotherHubber (aka wide-eyed-innocent-newbie)

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is known and I have had those as well, if you feel it really was appropriate you can also deny the comment. I do have to say myself I have denied a handful as it certainly was beyond arrogancy and I would not accept it on my article. It is rare but common for some to create aliases and when they come from the outside of hubpages and they are not verified , those are the ones that you have to keep your eye on. Don't worry after awhile they will disappear and other wonderful people will provide constructive criticism in a very tasterful way.smile

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

I have heard of that happening quite often.  It seems that some people join or stick around just to make rude comments against others.  Don't take it too personally.  Most people here are great, and are supportive, even when they don't agree with you, or have constructive criticism.

3. MotherHubber profile image59
    MotherHubberposted 7 years ago

Thanks for this!  I didn't want to deny the comment, since I really do welcome criticism, so no big deal there.  I just found it curious that the person has not written anything in 2 years.  I will definitely stick around - I just love this site, and the people on it are fantastic.  Thanks again.

4. WHoArtNow profile image87
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

You'll also notice those same people popping up on the forums every now and then. If you go to the current main post in Family at the moment, you'll see what I mean. They will start a forum thread just to start a debate. You'll not see them anywhere but at the start.

They also might have had all their hubs deleted for breach of TOS.

Just ignore them, constructive criticism is one thing, but being nasty is totally uncalled for. Ignore them and keep on writing.

5. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Ignore it - then they've wasted their time and effort.

6. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 7 years ago

I agree.

Take it with a spoonful of sugar! smile