UPDATE. on The Great River Road Clean UP!!!

1. TaraT profile image21
    TaraTposted 7 years ago

I was Driving from my house and I seen a group of 5 older people walking down the road in 27 degree weather and picking up trash. I thought to myself" If they can do that in this weather I wonder how many people would do it in warm weather?" Also I live down here so when me and my kids go for a walk they always want to know how come people throw trash on the ground instead of a trash can?
         We pick up what we can. But it never gets better.. My boys are very concerned with this. As should everyone that drives down this road should be too. you love to see the colors, animals,and so on right. These 5 people pick up a lot of trash From Cliffton Terrace To my road. When I came home I saw a pile of trash at the beginning of my road. I didn't know how long it will be there but this is my kids bus stop.So  when you drive down the road you would have run into a pile of trash. As pictures below show. I figure if there is that much trash along such a short path. what the rest of the road must look like..
       I want to get this together April 11th when it's warmer, on a saturday. If i get enough people together.That is why I am contacting you To see if you will help spread the news about this clean up.. The river road is one of the top 10 Sites to see in the US. But it will not stay there if we don't help clean it up.. Also since the flood we have everyone else trash too.. PLEASE come help.I have the basic plan all ready. .Also I'm going to get neon shirts made with" The Great River Road Clean UP!!2009"
    also any company that donates to get these shirts for this cause I will add ur name to the shirts. Also they are good for safety issues too.!! I would like to do this every year you could say a spring cleaning for the River Road.The Alton Telegraph will be doing a story on this cause too. If you can't come help us spread the word,That's helping ME with this MISSION.