jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Is there a tool for ...

1. Stove And Home profile image92
    Stove And Homeposted 3 years ago

Happy New Year everyone.

Is there a page on HubPages that tells us the top trending hubs according to amount of traffic? Or is there a page on another site that tells us this?

Also, I seem to remember a feature on HubPages that showed us the "Hot" hubs under each author's name in their profile. I no longer see anything like this. I think this told us the highest traffic hubs per author.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Short answer: No.

They used to have a "hot Hub" section. It was helpful to see what Hubs were performing well at any given time, but it didn't give information on how well they did overall. Some of those may have just had a good day. I shoot for long-term appeal, rather than tackling trending topics. I do have some seasonal hubs that peak throughout the year, but something like that "hot hub" tool would be interesting to bring back.

Stove And Homeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Anna.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

That feature pointed content thieves directly at the best-performing Hubs.  I, for one, do not miss it.

Stove And Homeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's a point I never thought of. Makes sense that it is gone then.

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I too do not miss that feature. I can't see why other people would want to know which are the best performing articles here.

1. lovebuglena profile image91
          lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think they want to know this to increase their own traffic. if they know which hubs are performing the best they will write hubs similar to those...

1. Cardisa profile image91
            Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, you are right but in most cases they do copy the hubs...lol I sued to see other hubbers stealing hubs. I haven't found that in a while so maybe that feature being gone is a good thing.

working