I know that everybody has a different opinion, but I heard that...

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)
  1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

Twitter is now doing better than Facebook. Is this true?

1. Tyler Hwang profile image60
      Tyler Hwangposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's true, Facebook is in a slump. I've used both, and feel Twitter is more refined for its purpose. With Facebook, you have to mutually accept friendship, and your content reach is limited in comparison. With Twitter, you can follow and be followed by anyone -- which means far more opportunity for engagement with people who have relevant interests. This combined with the ease of  "retweeting and hashtagging" to multiple groups at the same time makes it a great networking and marketing tool.

2. frantisek78 profile image79
      frantisek78posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most people have both Facebook and Twitter accounts. Twitter is fast and concise, whereas Facebook's novelty is beginning to wear off. With technology and trends changing so quickly people want quick access to blurbs.

3. Rock_nj profile image89
      Rock_njposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Given how much more Facebook lets a user do versus Twitter, I would stick with Facebook from an investment POV.  Twitter is limited in many ways and is trading at nearly 3 times the Price to Sales of Facebook.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Doing better by what parameter?

IMHO they are both follower-based.  So the one that will do better for you is the one where you can get the most "real" followers (i.e. people who actually read and click).

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

They did not say how. I just heard, (I think it was on the radio), that 'Twitter was doing better than Facebook'.
      I have never been to either of them. I heard that Facebook took longer messages than Twitter, I do not know if that has changed in any way.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Maybe what you heard was in reference to investing in Twitter or Facebook. Twitter's stock had been doing very well since it's IPO - on an upward trend. Facebook had a rough start, dropping to half the IPO price before coming back.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Unless you are talking about some specific kind of "doing better" it is not a question that can be answered.  They are both doing pretty good, overall.

4. profile image0
    Ritesh Nisharposted 10 years ago

Both has their own advantages & disadvantages. Lets live with what we have. Make your presence on both. smile

1. profile image0
      Ritesh Nisharposted 10 years agoin reply to this

*Both have

5. Solaras profile image93
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

Twitter is gross - Facebook is at least about mutual bragging and sharing. Twitter is for groupies.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's gross if you follow gross people and post gross thing, which is under your own control.

1. Solaras profile image93
        Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, it's a personal thing.  I don't like to hear things on the news like, "The President tweeted his condolences to the friends and family of somebody or other."  I just don't like it as a form of communication; it's a one way street.  There is no interaction in tweeting; it seems vain and self important to make all these little celebrity announcements. 

Using it as a news feed is fine, but as a social platform - I just don't like it.  I realize I must sound like a weirdo...

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 10 years ago

I don't tweet, but my impression is that HubPages is Twitter for writers.  Is it as simple as that?

+LOL

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bubblews is Twitter for writers.

HubPages is an online magazine where writers create information-rich articles and  earn money from ad revenue.  It happens to have a great writers' community where people read and comment on each other's articles and chat on forums, but all that activity is ancillary to the main purpose of the site.

7. William15 profile image89
    William15posted 10 years ago

I just can't get excited about Twitter. I simply don't care enough about celebrities to active follow their lives and I appreciate the profile aspect of Facebook. It allows me to get a more complete view of how my friends and family are doing when I want to without receiving short, meaningless updates about their life.

I'm still waiting for Google+ to take over.

8. joween18 profile image81
    joween18posted 10 years ago

I don't think thats correct. I like facebook more than twitter,and so are my friends..

9. ContentCreation profile image61
    ContentCreationposted 10 years ago

Facebook indicated in the past that a decline in younger users could impact their business. I've read several recent articles that report that younger users have indeed declined their usage of Facebook over the past year. Although those users tend to keep their Facebook accounts, they typically now use photo and video sharing sites with their friends. They are also turned off by the fact that their parents and other adults heavily use Facebook. Although it should be pointed out that one of the photo sharing sites that is popular with younger users is Instagram, which is owned by Facebook. I believe that most people will continue to have a Facebook account; however, photo and video sharing sites are definitely the popular way for younger users to post information to their friends. It remains to be seen how much that will continue into their adult lives.

In regards to Twitter, I think it will continue to grow in popularity. However, right now it's just too limited in use for most people. I think a positive move for Twitter woudl be to somehow provide tools to group or limit who you can post a Tweet too.

10. MiltonKelly profile image59
    MiltonKellyposted 10 years ago

One of the problems with Facebook is that they keep on making changes on their site. Everytime they make changes, there are more problems. Now you get people sending you an email telling you that I saw your profile on Yahoo and tell you to send them your email address so they can send you more pictures. You surely know by now that is a spam and these hackers are trying to gather your personal information.  There are so many Social Media sites now and you just can't depend on Facebook and Twitter. I do know that twitter has more followings now.

I have not appreciated any of the changes Facebook made in the last year.  They seem to degrade the site with every new improvement.

11. icv profile image51
    icvposted 10 years ago

I have both twitter and facebook accounts. but my twitter account is not much active.... even though I tried to active in twitter, unfortunately most of the social work users of my country is prefer facebook. but I know both are good platform to socialize our thought and idea

12. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image62
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 10 years ago

I guess not. The only reason behind is that none of my whole class, in the exception of myself, has a Twitter account. However, they all do have Facebook accounts. Therefore, the answer was simple.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)