jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Earnings from eBay

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image67
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago

eBay has stopped giving us revenue for placing their ads on our hubs. They have stopped it since last October.  Till then we were receiving some money from them. Since they have stopped payment, a lot of hubbers either removed eBay ads from their hubs or stopped the practice of placing  the ads on newly published hubs.  I hope they may change their policy in future and hence haven't removed eBay ads. But I haven't placed any ads related to eBay recently.   Should we continue placing eBay ads again on our hubs or stop it?  Can anyone  give  some valuable advice  on this matter please?

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There's already a discussion here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/119210 Please refer to this forum.

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image67
        sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for updating me.

2. DreamerMeg profile image85
    DreamerMegposted 3 years ago

There's an error when I click on that link - deleted?

3. VictoriaSheffield profile image87
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 3 years ago

So this means that we were being paid just for having these ads on our Hubs? I did not know this. I also did not know that they stopped this in October.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

eBay changed their earnings model on October 1, 2012.  They gave a lot of notice that this change was coming before it happened.  It works the same as Amazon now:  you only earn when a genuine purchase is made.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

As Relache says they only pay when a sale is made, but with the caveats that the sale must occur within 24 hours of the bid being made while Amazon pays per sale regardless of when it takes place. At least that is my understanding on the new eBay procedure.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not quite.

On Amazon, if someone puts the item in their cart within 24 hours, you'll get paid, provided they buy before their cart expires.  That can be up to 90 days.

On eBay, your buyer must bid within 24 hours, even if the auction has days left to run.   If they just watch the item instead - even if they ultimately buy the product - you'll get nothing.

So you can see, even though both sites say they have a "24 hour cookie", they work very differently, and the odds of making an eBay sale are lower because of that difference.

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
        SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I assume if a buyer buys an item with 'Buy It Now' it works the same as an Amazon purchase?

Almost.   There's no facility on eBay to "add to cart", as there is on Amazon - so the sale has to be completed within 24 hours.

On Amazon, so long as the person puts the item in their cart within 24 hours, you can still get credit for the sale, provided they come back and complete the purchase before the cart expires.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image67
        sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Please advise regarding placement of eBay ads on hubs. Should we stop it or continue again hoping they will change their policy in future. Your advice will be appreciated.

That's your decision based on the information I've given.

6. ziyena profile image85
    ziyenaposted 3 years ago

"They get tricked by the beast, but where will they run to once the monster has fully grown?"

Bubbleblews touts this qoute upon entering their site ... a subtle forewarning and very telling.  I wont flee nor do I have to ... Thank you Arvind but NO

7. blueheron profile image95
    blueheronposted 3 years ago

Sounds like eBay is a losing deal.

working