jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What's so great about Bubblews?

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 2 years ago

Personally, I prefer Hubpages.  The pay is slower, but you get more content and quality with Hubpages.  On Hubpages, you can add features such as videos and other links.  You can also add a lot of other things.  Bubblews is good for that quick blurb that you won't want to spend a lot of time on, but I plan to use Hubpages when I have something of substance to say. 

What do you think?

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Marisa Wright, Bubblews doesn't really provide passive income.  If you enjoy spending 10 hours a day reading, posting, commenting and liking you can make OK money there but once you stop the income stops.  HP/Squidoo has the potential to write a good article, forget about it and the money will keep coming.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

Bubblews is popular because you can see the pennies mounting up in your account very quickly.   However, the important thing with all online activities is to track how much time you spend working on a site ("effort"), versus income.  Most people don't calculate their Bubblews or HubPages effort correctly.

On Bubblews, you need to network with the community to attract comments and likes.  So as well as your writing time, you must count all the time you spend connecting and commenting as "effort".  On HubPages, interacting with other Hubbers is totally unnecessary to earn income, so you count your writing time only.  If you're being active in the community, that's your choice - but that's leisure time, and doesn't count.

So far, everyone who's quoted their hourly rate on Bubblews say they're earning $1 to $2 per hour.  That would be fine if there was also residual income, but earnings drop drastically if you stop being active, and I'm yet to be convinced residual income will last.

And that's another reason it's so hard to compare the two sites.  The only accurate way to compare is to work on both for a year, then look back at the results, because on Bubblews your main income is from immediate activity whereas on HubPages, all your income is from gradual search engine traffic, which builds up over time. 

My best performing article has earned around $400 in its lifetime, and that's not counting any Amazon or eBay sales I've made from it.  It took me an afternoon to write, and has been revised two or three times in five years.  That's a pretty good return on effort and much better than anything I could hope for on Bubblews.

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

3. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

I totally prefer Hubpages to Bubblews, but I write on there purely to earn a little bit of money. I find after writing even two or three a day on there it gets mind boggling! On here its much slower to write, we have time to do it, there isn't that rush, and I love reading 'real' articles!

4. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

Hubpages is for writing real web articles and getting residual income and Bubblews is for casually blogging on a social network and getting paid for it. I do both, I like both.

5. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 2 years ago

Amen, Nate. No reason to compare. They're just different places to write and make money--and network.

6. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

Thanks all.  This was very useful to me.
    And Happy New Year!  1/2/2014

7. 0
    Ritesh Nisharposted 2 years ago

I agree to what you are saying Lybrah. Hubpages has more quality content.

8. Solaras profile image92
    Solarasposted 2 years ago

There is a scant amount of residual income on Bubblews and I am seeing Bubblews show up as a link in Google Webmaster tools to a few of the sites I do some work for.

The SEO'd articles on Bubblews continue to get a small amount of visitors.   I had a series that  had 80 or more views per post at the end of their first week posted, now they are up to 130-150 views.  Not a landslide, but it is a bit more than nothing.

My posts about my mail box do as well or better with the daily crowd there... I can't complain as long as I get paid.

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This discussion just caused me to go look at my Bubblews bank.  It currently sits at $20.10.  Before the up in the redemption to $50.00 this would have incited a flurry of activity for me to get to the $25.00 redemption - pronto.

Now with the redemption at $50.00, I think , "Meh." I have better things to work on today...