jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

December Passive Income Report

1. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

If you didn't get prior written permission from HubPages before disclosing what you earned in December, you just violated the TOS according to the closing statement of the "payment" section of point nine.

1. lovebuglena profile image91
      lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is nothing wrong about sharing how much he earned on HubPages on blogs or other sites... I don't understand what he violated. And his link didn't even focus solely on that. He talked about his other earnings too.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
        calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's a violation of common sense to tell people how much you make doing what.  Unless you're building a platform to sell a "Make Money Doing What I Do" guide. smile

2. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually, there is.  You might want to take the time to read the entire HubPages terms of service, as they include the following statement:

"You acknowledge and agree that You will not publicly disclose Your payments or Earned Balance (including any subcomponents thereof) from the HubPages Earnings Program without prior written consent of HubPages."

1. Writer Fox profile image79
          Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Then, why are there so many Hubs that detail what people are earning here?

1. relache profile image86
            relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The majority of people using this website have never actually read the terms of service. 

When people sign up for websites, they almost never do.  Actually most people never read any of the complete legal agreements that are part of their daily lives.  (Insurance policies, rental contracts, etc.)

2. janshares profile image88
          jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I do recall reading this when I first joined which is why I was so confused when early on I saw so many hubbers revealing how much they make, including Simone in one forum last year. I thought maybe the rule was relaxed. Anyway, I rarely see hubbers giving actual totals, only daily earnings, like when some of us were so happy we finally hit a dollar a day. Good question Writer Fox.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
            psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

IMHO it pays to abide by an agreement even if others don't.  Because if they get around to activiely enforcing it again your account is gone.....

2. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Congratulations!

working