jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Marked for moderation?

1. JRScarbrough profile image87
    JRScarbroughposted 3 years ago

Why do some comments in answers get marked for me to moderate but others do not?

I say, if it is marked for me to moderate, I’m deleting it to be safe. tongue Is this the right course of action?

I have noticed that in matters associated with abortion, usage of the M (rhymes with herder) word gets marked every time.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

HubPages has filters that look at comments just as they do Hub content.  If the filters think there's a problem, then something triggered them to do so, and it is in your best interests to delete that comment.

JRScarbroughposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I figured as much. I saw red and hit the big D button. tongue

Have you been canceled? tongue

I had to look up your name. Thanks.

3. lovebuglena profile image90
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

If the comment is legit why delete it?

To avoid negative action from the powers that be. I don’t want to be marked. tongue

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago

I don't know about comments in the questions and answers area, but on my hubs, comments that come from unregistered users may be marked for moderation if they come from IP address HubPages deems suspicious, e.g., known proxies or IPs from which lots of comments have recently originated.  Google doesn't see any of that information, so if the comment is innocuous I approve it.  I don't have anything against proxy users.

The automated filters may also flag comments that contain links, so it's up to you if want to delete that.  Sometimes people are just pointing you to relevant news articles, not trying to get a backlink to their own site.  I prefer to use my own judgment rather than put absolute faith in the automated filters.

I think these were pertaining to the language used in the comments. It was rather coarse.

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol, I never get entertaining comments like that.

It’s all about pushing some buttons and then people roll with emotionally led typing over not wanting the other person to get the last word. tongue I pretty much just thumbs up everyone so nobody blames me for anything.

working