jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Choosing to Delete Hubs

1. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 2 years ago

It's been a long time since I've had two really good months in a row, but December and January are going places for me on Hubpages. I'm not having nearly this kind of success on other websites, and I'd really like to be able to capitalize on this success.

Unfortunately, I hate about two thirds of the hubs on my account. Too many of them are relatively personal and I don't feel that they reflect how far I've come in the past five years.

How do I go through and cut these when I have an emotional attachment to the hubs? Part of me is tempted to start over on a new account, but that means building followers all over again. So much has changed that it almost doesn't make sense for me to be active on this account, other than to update hubs and publish the updated content.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Everyday,

You may also want to consider moving your personal Hubs to another account and keeping your main one for the followers and the Hubs that you feel properly reflect your abilities. smile

1. Everyday Miracles profile image93
        Everyday Miraclesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That might not actually be a terrible idea. I hadn't thought of doing it that way. Hmmm.

Right now the biggest hurdle is waiting for a secondary (or new) account to start paying. I'm making better money than I have in about two years right now and I'd hate to lose that income during the subdomain waiting period. If I do it this way I don't have to wait that time period.

Thank you!

1. 61
          billys1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can totally understand your not wanting to lose the income that you referred to.  WE readers do not want to take the chance of losing contact with your writings.  As for myself, what you have said about relationships and your firm belief in Jesus Christ has helped make me a better man, Christian, Catholic (yep I am a firm Roman Catholic, but I have my issues with the Pope such as Papal infallibility), and husband to my wife.  I still have many, many faults and it will take a more time than I have here on earth to correct these faults but your writings do help.  And I am sure that I am not the only reader that feels this way.  Thanks for your writings, please keep them going, especially writings on marriage and marital relationships.

Thank you!

2. lovebuglena profile image90
    lovebuglenaposted 2 years ago

I agree with what Christy says.