jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Hub Traffic jumped massively this month

1. trotter2099 profile image82
    trotter2099posted 2 years ago

I haven't checked my Hub stats much recently due to Christmas and family etc. I logged in today and saw that my Hub earnings had shot up to $20+. I usually make a couple of dollars a month. This is fine for me, I do not write for the money I write for the fun. I just find it very funny that my earnings went from $1 - $2 per month to a whopping $20 for this month. I found that there was a massive traffic jump on one of my Hubs and whilst it is nice to see I really do not understand why such an increase occurred.

I have a Hub that is no bake cheesecake recipe and according to the stats it had over 5000 hits in the last 7 days and 655 in the last day. This is a massive increase and I am unsure how the heck I managed that. I wish I knew because I would then do the same thing with my other Hubs. I am wondering if it is Cheesecake week somewhere in the world or something like that.

Any opinions guys?

1. miochaljose profile image61
      miochaljoseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

haha first of all a big congrats to you!
      It may happen that people hit eating related articles more. You should make a research over it and then start enjoying your earning more and more smile

2. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 2 years ago

Wow! That sure is strange. I doubt it's cheesecake week. Maybe it's because of the holidays. Maybe people were looking for cheesecake recipes and yours turned up high in the search results and hence the high jump in traffic for that hub and in turn the earnings. I too feel the same way as you. When one of my hubs gets lots of traffic I always wonder why that is because if I knew why then I'd apply the same approach to my other hubs.

3. Rui Carreira profile image87
    Rui Carreiraposted 2 years ago

Someone with a large network liked your article and shared it. Happened to me once.

4. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

Another cheesecake hub has had a huge number of social network likes and visits.  This thread discusses the situation. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/119332. Your hub is probably linked to the viral hub in some way. Congratulations!

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yep!  Your Hub has received its traffic from being in the "Discover More Hubs" section at the bottom of a Hub that went viral on Facebook!  Congratulations!  smile

5. kenyanbloga profile image79
    kenyanblogaposted 2 years ago

I heard some cheesecake hub went viral or something, I am new but I wont mind such traffic : )

6. dwelburn profile image98
    dwelburnposted 2 years ago

Great result; well done. December was my best month ever too, but nothing like that sort of a jump.

7. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 2 years ago

A rise in December traffic is most likely due to people seeking out recipes and gift ideas for Christmas.

Clearly your Cheesecake hub got shared by somebody with a lot of contacts!

8. Vieiragirl profile image81
    Vieiragirlposted 2 years ago

I noticed a jump too, but I just started publishing hubs again after a year  break so I figure that was the jump in traffic. I hope whatever it is it will continue.

9. yourbodyweight profile image85
    yourbodyweightposted 2 years ago

That's awesome lucky you.

10. MoonByTheSea profile image92
    MoonByTheSeaposted 2 years ago

Are you using google analytics? It's really useful for telling you exactly where your traffic is coming from--twitter, facebook, google searches, bing searches, etc.

11. YogaKat profile image90
    YogaKatposted 2 years ago

My traffic has gone from a few cents a day to a dollar a day.  I noticed it rising through December.  Do you think the Editors Choice Award helps Google search for quality hubs?  My one viral hub about pomelos did not get an award but I have 6 Editors Choice Awards on other hubs.